ati 8500 all-in-wonder software wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk83rboy

Beta member
First i went to my dispaly properies and selected my onbaord video card and clicked unistall. Then restarted and i was in vga mode (i think thats what its called). Next turned off computer and plugged in my agp ati card. Turned computer back on put the driver/software cd in. The drivers installed but everytime the software would try to install, the intsller would only come up for about 5 seconds then close itself and nothing was extracted or intalled. So i tried going to the ati site and download their software (newest version) and it did the same thing. After this i was like maybe the card does not work. So installed another application for video and it worked (tv tuner, etc.). So now i know it cant be my card its not detecting and I looked in my computer manager and it only showed the ati under the display cards/drivers. Im really confused on how to get the software to install. It jus wont extract the files or seomthing. and btw it uses install shield to install. My OS is xp home running on a 2.4 ghz pent 4 500 megs of ram. Any ideas? If not maybe someone who has the same software can send me the files in a zip to extract. Thanks. Im contacting ati on monday btw.

Being that I don't know what MoBo you are using.. Make sure that AGP type is compatable.. However, I would think that there would be additional problems if the AGP type wasn't compatable..

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom