Windows xp server pack 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3t3r

Baseband Member
Hello there. I just got internet recently and struggling to install all those anti-virus and windows updates. I couldn't find window xp server pack 2 on the microsoft update page through for my computer. Did Microsoft deleted that update cause it created so many bugs or is there something wrong with my computer? I lost my internet around June 2004 and have all updates before that. Also, is it a good idea to install the server pack 2? I heard rumors of blue screen and completely lock up after installing the updates. Do they still exist? Thank you very much.

are you running xp home or xp professional?
how are you trying to obtain updates for your computer?
no, microsoft removed sp2 for xp for some time and then fixed what as wrong. sp2 for xp is now downloadable from their update page.

Hi. I am running XP Home and I went to the official Microsoft webpage to try to get my updates. Thank you for taking my worries off the xp pack 2 thingie heh.

I downloaded the windows Xp SP 2 on both my systems yesterday. It makes the system very slow. But i have heard its worth it("Secure Windows" is a myth).

For whats it worth, I choose to get the MS CD for sp2, its free.
Oh, sorry I didn't see your question about lockups. It was really weird in that both machines locked up after restart. I powered both down and they came back up OK. That is all of the problems I have noticed.

yeah, i havent installed sp2 ever since it slowed down my pc until it froze lol..

mine didnt showed any problem. if i've to say that mine's intel just because itdidnt showed any problem, then I have another PC with AthlonXP 3000+ on A7N8X-Deluxe. and it didnt as well showed any problem.

according to Qualys (www.qualys.com), after installing SP2, the OS might have better security compare to Linux or Mac OS.
however, before you install that, Windows is very vulnerable in the security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom