Hp Envy dv6 with Beats Audio

robbietpa

Beta member
Hello
I just acquired a laptop from a friend for repair if possible. He bought it from craigslist so we don't know much about the specs except it does have a 3gb hard drive and 8 gb ram with win 8, it is a Hp envy dv6 with beats audio, hp protect smart, Hp simple pass, and Ab vision Amd. That's all I know. What happened was it was working ok till I got a screen that said no operating system. I figured the hard drive was bad. I opened the computer pulled the plug on the hard drive and the cmos battery came disconnected at the same time. I had already had the main battery out and power cord disconnected. Now when I put everything back I just get a black screen with nothing, The power light comes on, the cap light blinks, the wireless signal light is on steady but no nothing else, except the cpu fan is running. does not appear to have anything else working. I have tried a hard reset and no help. Can anyone give me some good helpful suggestions. I just hope the mobo is not bad at this point. Thanks for reading and any suggestions.
Robb

Last edited:
Hello
Thanks for the reply. The led on the cap lock key just blinks with no particular pattern, just blinks consistently. The wireless key stays lit all the time and the cpu fan runs constant as far as I can tell. I have only left it on for maybe 5 minutes at a time or ten most. Thanks Robb

I tried everything that you have suggested and read the posts with no luck. I just cannot believe this would go bad from just unplugging the cmos battery. It's like I have lost my bios. There must be another way to get it back up and running. I wonder if I could find a guy that could check the bios or maybe reprogram it to see if that's the problem. Any other suggestions. One of the threads I read you sent they had the same exact problem and it has never been solved either. Thanks for all the advice.
Robb

Back
Top Bottom