Another Mac vs. PC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE BASIC IDEA

Mac: Audio\Video Editing, photoshop, etc.
PC: Rest of the crap including games.

I can play WoW on my Mac, which is the only game I've been running on my Mac and not once has the game hiccuped..

Look, it's more along the choice of how much you want to spend and what you are going to use it for.

I love using my mac, but not being upgradable is a huge problem, especially when in 3 months something better comes out and the only way of getting it is to buy the computer all over again.. instead of just buying a processor & motherboard...

But OS X is completely amazing!

sshot.jpg

sshot2.jpg

I've ran windows xp for a year now, not a single virus, and i run spybot every few days and it keeps my system clean. Windows isn't as vulnerable to viruses as some people make it to be.

cloud said:
I've ran windows xp for a year now, not a single virus, and i run spybot every few days and it keeps my system clean. Windows isn't as vulnerable to viruses as some people make it to be.

He's exactly right! I mainly use Windows XP and I rarely EVER get viruses. And even if I do, they are removed immediately.

-Dan The Man

My original question wasn't really whether Windows or Mac OS X is better - as I've posted, I think OSX is in nearly every way. You can't even compare Windows, IMO. I was just wondering if running OSX was worth so much less power in the hardware (I mean, come on - 512MB RAM compared to 2gb is a huge difference).

What do you need all that ram for? Keep in mind OS X is freeBSD with a modfied Xserver and propreitary API which requires huge resources to run vs simpler,faster, lighter GUI's available for open source software.Equating amounts of RAM doesnt mean much, windows is a pretty resource hungry OS.Some GUI's for linux like KDE for example are quite resource hungry too.I think if you were a little more experienced and had actually sat down and run OS X,windows, and a linux and compared numbers and performance you'd definitley understand what Im getting at here.OS X for example, a majority of its users dont have a clue how much power is available if they'd take the time to do a little digging and learning and then make use of it.These days it seems to me knowing what your doing is much more important than having ultra fast hardware, ultra fast hardware doesnt make up for lack of user knowledge.Bang for the buck involves more than just hardware and OS choices, you have to know how to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom