290x CF or 780TI SLI for 4K Gaming

I kinda forgot to post a few pictures of the build.. so here they are,
I still want to get different color ram, new PSU with red or yellow wires and probably water cool block for both GPU's
Some of the cable management can be improved.. i'll sort it out when/ if I upgrade anything.

my build - Imgur pics

the LEDS can change color and also fade in/ out which is pretty cool :)

Thanks for stopping back by and posting. Seems hardly anybody ever does even if they say they will :(

What's wrong with the color of the RAM and cables? They go fine with the build. You can also buy cable packs from Corsair for those PSUs so no need to upgrade that either.

I would say that the only eyesore I see is the red rings on the Corsair fans which don't match the color scheme, and the fact that you put that fan on the outside and it appears like you ruined your case to put an unnecessary hole just to do so.

your cable management is fine. look clean. whas
the water cooler hose hitting the back fan that bad u had to put it on the outside? my case is very close to but it don't hit the blades.

Thanks for stopping back by and posting. Seems hardly anybody ever does even if they say they will :(

What's wrong with the color of the RAM and cables? They go fine with the build. You can also buy cable packs from Corsair for those PSUs so no need to upgrade that either.

I would say that the only eyesore I see is the red rings on the Corsair fans which don't match the color scheme, and the fact that you put that fan on the outside and it appears like you ruined your case to put an unnecessary hole just to do so.

You don't see it much in the pics but the ram is blue and everything else is yellow.
I also cut the cable sleeves off the psu cables because they were too bulky and really hard to bend the way you wanted them to. As for the cable packs I did have a look at them.. pretty expensive and it doesn't list my AX850 PSU on their site..

I was unable to put the fan on the inside since the water cooling radiator/ tubes are in the way.. I was going to feed the fans cable down instead of to the side.. but after doing a horrible job cutting it i found out that feeding it through the side is better.. wish I cut the hole more towards the mobo side.. but hey what can i do :p
I could have flipped my radiator around but if i wanted the corsair logo facing the right way on the cpu the tubes would have been under a bit of pressure

as for the color scheme I was thinking red and yellow. With a little bit more red i think the red ring on the fan would suit it.

I won't be changing anything for awhile now

Well in the low lighting the blue RAM looks black to me. To me the red clashes more with the black and white light than the blue. It seems to blend well, in the picture anyways. Corsair's cable sets list all of their full modular line on their gen 2 cable sets. Let's say you wanted red, sure it's expensive but you're going to be spending that or more on the same level quality PSU as well. Least this way here you have an option for black or whatever color you want. Professional Individually sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), RED

Tubes would have been fine with the fan there, but with the tube length you can easily mount it the other way so your fan could have been on the inside preventing a cut in the case. A little Google before going to town on the rig would have provided this information. It helps to have a bit of patience and sit back and think when tackling a PC build. Just advice for the future.

Well in the low lighting the blue RAM looks black to me. To me the red clashes more with the black and white light than the blue. It seems to blend well, in the picture anyways. Corsair's cable sets list all of their full modular line on their gen 2 cable sets. Let's say you wanted red, sure it's expensive but you're going to be spending that or more on the same level quality PSU as well. Least this way here you have an option for black or whatever color you want. Professional Individually sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), RED

Tubes would have been fine with the fan there, but with the tube length you can easily mount it the other way so your fan could have been on the inside preventing a cut in the case. A little Google before going to town on the rig would have provided this information. It helps to have a bit of patience and sit back and think when tackling a PC build. Just advice for the future.
The fan wouldn't fit with the tubes facing that way and yeah it would have fit if i flipped the radiator around but the corsair logo wouldn't be facing the right way and if i did want it facing the right way i didn't want to put any strain on the tubes.
Plus I like it facing the way it is and also the fan on the outside makes the inside of the case look more clean... but I agree with you on the hole i made.. its ugly lol.

So even though it lists
AXI Series – 1500/1200/860/760
AX Series – 860/760
HX Series – 1050/850/750/650
TXM Series – 850/750/650/550
CXM Series – 750/600/500/430
RM Series – 1000/850/750/650/550/450

it will still be ok for my AX850?

also here is a quick video of the lighting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE51iyjaS78
I mostly just use one color at a time. They were pretty cheap... £10 for 3m or £12 for 5m

Last edited:
Little bit of Google suggests otherwise on the fan thing like I said before. There are images with your combination showing both ways. Not like it matters now since you already have it mounted and such.

I don't see why not because they should all be the same. I mean as it stands, the pin out has to be the same because if it wasn't my HX850 PCI-E cables wouldn't work on my Thermaltake PSU right now. If you wanted absolute certainty, you can always buy the cheaper kit which specifies the AX850.
Professional Series™ AX850/AX750/AX650 Individually Sleeved Modular Cables — Red

Little bit of Google suggests otherwise on the fan thing like I said before. There are images with your combination showing both ways. Not like it matters now since you already have it mounted and such.

I don't see why not because they should all be the same. I mean as it stands, the pin out has to be the same because if it wasn't my HX850 PCI-E cables wouldn't work on my Thermaltake PSU right now. If you wanted absolute certainty, you can always buy the cheaper kit which specifies the AX850.
Professional Series™ AX850/AX750/AX650 Individually Sleeved Modular Cables — Red

Can i see the pictures?

yxut.jpg

THis one cheats a bit with socket 2011 but placement is almost identical either way.

l_IMG_8371.JPG

attachment.php

Delayed post as I'm trying to bring my router back from the dead while keeping the family happy.

Back
Top Bottom