Window Kit & LED Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemiller

In Runtime
Hello Guys,
It's been a while since I have been around but, I am getting this case: http://burnoutpc.com/index.php?page=reviews&review_id=118. To transfer my hp 503w into. I also bought a blue led fan, a fan cover, and a 350 p4 ready power supply. But my question is, this kit comes with a window kit and cold cathode, not installed. How do I go about safely installing the window without ruining the case. And, those green led, he talked about switching to blue. Which I wanted to do, where do I get the led's to put in that space.

Thanks,
Greg

there are lots of ways you can cut a window on the side of your case,...however i cannot enumerate, let alone, describe how to go about it....search google for step by step procedure

but generally you'd want to use a dremel to cut a window on the side of your case...then you'd have to use a file top smooth the edges,...how you do it is up to you, ...just make sure you do it with precision and accuracy ,..and of course with great care or you'll ruin a perfectly nice side panel.

as for the led,...well,..im not sure with this one,..just replace those green leds with blue,..and they have to be the same,..(power requirement and such)...again,..you can just search this in google for an step by step procedure

To replace your LED's, you will need a soldering iron and solder. Check the size of your current LED's and order a matching size. Cut the wires to the old LED and strip them back. Then solder the blue LED in it's place, making sure to get the positive and negative connected correctly. Just look at the old LED before you start, inside you will see a triangle shape on one side. Orient the new LED the same way, solder it up and voila!

As far as the best place to get blue LED's: try www.case-mod.com. They have a good selection and the best price I have found. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom