How do I get a remote (media center like)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanb0rn

Baseband Member
I'm thinking about making a "custom" media center, rather than buying one. More to the point, when I build my new system, I want to put a remote control reader on this computer and hook it up to the TV, use it "like" a media center, to play DVDs and video CDs.

So... How do I go about getting a remote and infared receiver, and the program to make the remote work? Do I need the Media Center pack from Microsoft? (I think it's like $20.)

when u buy media centre (os) u will probably get the remote with it, if not then i would look on ebay!!! i've seen loads!!! Btw media centre os costs load!!! $200

you can do some things with a Creative Audigy soundcard that has the front bay with remote, i have it but i have been unable to get it to work completely, but you can do a number of things. i dont think it would do everything you wanted but its worth takin a quick look at.

Yeah, like VulpusVulpus said.

I have the Creative-Labs Sound-Blaster Live! unit, which goes in a 5.25 drive bay, and has a remote for controlling music and video. It's okay. I personally can't say I use it, since I have a TV with entertainment center...and when I'm watching DVD's on my PC, I'm like...at the PC...so...I'm like...not that lazy then... But anyway, the Creative remote thing will work (and if you go with a slightly older-than-latest version, it'll cost you less than $200.)

hmm..:confused: vulpus.. anyway, i got my Audigy2 Platinum for 129$ so if you find a deal theyre not bad at all.

haha Shoobie i looked it up, tight i like it. i may use it later. cool with you? (cept im not a girl :confused: )

Vulpus = latin for Fox (fox species rather)

Vulpus Vulpus is your common red fox.

Anyway, no, I don't care. Not like I made it up or something. :)

Would be neater if I could say "Loxy" in latin too. Then it would be Vulpus...uh...well you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom