Quick Problem!

robharper87

Beta member
Hello,

First post for me but I require the answers to some niche requirements!

Without going in to too much detail I need to know if the following is possible,

- Buy a Slate book and put in a location that does not allow any wireless connectivity.

- Run a long (25M) USB extension with a GSM dongle out of this secure area giving me a data connection (no data pipes in unfortunately). Will there be Signal Loss due to the cable length?

- Run Android Apps such as Wickr or Cryptify off the Slatebook

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Is this what you're talking about for the Slate book? Slatebook Touchscreen Android Notebook PC | HP® Official Site

You'll need powered hubs for the USB every 5m to boost the power back up:
The USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed (or high speed) devices to 5 meters (16 feet 5 inches) and for low speed devices the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

As for running Android apps on the Slatebook... you can run any Android app on it if it's the one mentioned in the link since it's running Android already.

Great, thanks very much.

The next question is this.

I want to run a cell phone but remotely from a laptop. So....

- Have a cell phone 25 metres away but run it on a laptop/desktop etc. without compromising the functionality. Is that possible?

Well, depends on what you mean by "run a cell phone remotely" ? Are actually wanting to navigate the entire interface, or are you just wanting to see notifications/reply to messages and such?

Back
Top Bottom