htpc build by a noob

PLEX is really nice... Rather like it, but it can be semi-cumbersome with some windows media remotes.

Can't say I've ever used a WMR, so I can't comment on that :p. I just always use my phone or tablet and the Plex app to pick my shows.

Ok cool. Yeah I think he was talking about xbmc.
Hopefully I can find all the parts relatively cheap. 2 kids means tight budget haha.

Think I will be able to swing it for under 800 so that should be ok.

Still looking for the ideal case.
The shelf is 250 deep and 400 wide. Needs to sit on this so the little ones don't try and put vegimite sandwiches in there to help it run

Ok so I have looked around and sourced some prices. Think they are pretty reasonable.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the windows os. I already have windows on my current computer which I purchased. Not sure if it was an upgrade or full thing. Can't remember.
But should I be able to transfer the ownership of the os to my new computer?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140830_081006.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140830_081006.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10
You'll have to call in to reactivate it. It can only be installed / activated on 1 system at a time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Up to you on what you'd like to have as an OS. Reactivating over the phone takes about 10 min and is automated.

Do I have to De activate it on my other computer first?
I downloaded it from the Microsoft website so how do I go about getting hold of it again??? I sent Microsoft an email yesterday but still haven't heard back

No, it would deactivate once it sees another copy is activated already.

Though you should only use the key on one system at a time. So either reformat your computer with Windows on it right now, or change the key.

What version of Windows are you talking about, exactly?

Back
Top Bottom