Computer Problem

ok Carnage i did the power setting thing. I will do the BIOS thing later but i need to what exactly am i looking for in the BIOS. and no te stand does not have a fan on it. Also iparnormal i will do that and post them here later.

It will vary from system to system.. just look in all the menus for anything about "cooling", "fan" or anything like that. Just look for keywords and check the options on them.

You may have to end up repasting the laptop - which depending on the system - can be a pain if it requires you to tear down the entire laptop. I can look for a teardown video of your laptop later.

Also, you never said if those temps were idle or load... I'm guessing they were idle temps of your system just sitting there running nothing but HWMonitor?

Those temps were idle. as i said in the one message just from loading up the forums and typing that message it got to 164 F. also what do you mean by tearing down my laptop, do you mean like taking the whole thing apart. also should i do the thing with event viewer .

Those temps were idle. as i said in the one message just from loading up the forums and typing that message it got to 164 F. also what do you mean by tearing down my laptop, do you mean like taking the whole thing apart. also should i do the thing with event viewer .

Yes

Luckily it looks like yours is pretty easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IVxSpmznA

So what you'll need to do is take the bottom panel off, and see if you can physically spin the fan with your fingers. If the fan doesn't spin at all either with your fingers or while the laptop is powered on... then you'll probably have to find a replacement (make sure the power plug is in securely); can probably get a replacement off of eBay for fairly cheap.

And while you have the back off, you could repaste your laptop as well, which will also help reduce temps.

You'll need:

-a tube of new thermal compound (I recommend something like TX-2 as it's cheap for a tube, and performs well)
-Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) - at least 90%
-coffee filters (they're non-lint and cheap for a lot of them)

The alcohol/coffee filters are for cleaning the old paste off of the heatsink/CPU. Then you'll want to apply a rice-sized bit of thermal paste to the center of the CPU and put the heatsink back on straight down so that it evenly spreads out the thermal compound.

Here's a link to another video, which shows how to remove the CPU heatsink/fan (don't do this unless you have new thermal paste to re-apply onto the CPU!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VveuZm7Q1dU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom