laptop wont load windows 7??

yeah i know you were talking about ram, sorry i got a lil bit off topic. and i guess ill go get a 1gb ram stick , but hey dont you think that if the ram wasn't working, it wouldn't go past booting at all?

Before you go out and buy anything... let's try testing your RAM.

You can have 2 options:

1) Remove all RAM sticks, and boot with 1 stick at a time (trying differenet slots) to see if it's a particular stick or slot issue.

2) Download the ISO from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and burn it to a disc, boot off of it, and let it run for at least 4 hours (the longer the better). If it shows any errors at all, then you'll want to test each stick individually to find out which stick is the bad one.

but is the laptop going to boot from the cd? because i cant access the bios settings.

pls guys tell me how to access the bios, i tried all the f keys but they dont see to take me to the bios settings :'(

try holding the 'esc' key, thats what i press.

Last edited:
try holding the 'esc' key, thats what i press.
and heres the solution!!! even though I did it without knowing or reading at this thread (because my phone service ended the day I last posted on this thread), I pressed ESC and idk why but from there I was able to access the HP recovery manager and back up all my friends data to my external hard drive, do a clean install and im happy as heck now cause I have a not so bad laptop now.(I was planning on getting a $250 one on walmart because my old laptops video card died ... anyways I am now here at a friends house typing from his pc just to thank you guys for your help. I really appreciate it guys , thanks:):):D

Back
Top Bottom