How do you map a NAS drive as a network drive when you only know the IP address and you can only use command prompt?

CheckDFX

Beta member
I have a client with a Windows 7 laptop, which I can access via command prompt without disturbing her. We recently had a technician go into her home, while the client was there, in order to physically install a new, pre-formatted NAS drive as a back-up drive. Although that is done, the actual software side is still not properly set-up. I know NAS enclosure's IP Address, but I do not know its hard drive's network path

Our service prides itself on servicing the customer in the background, so they stay uninterrupted and productive.

How do I map the NAS drive as a network drive when I only know the NAS enclosure's IP address and I can only use command prompt to complete this task without disturbing her?

Hi c0rr0sive,

We do have the ability to do that, but it is our policy to do that only with the client is away from their computer. If they are really busy, that becomes a problem, as we do not want to disturb their productivity time. We are able to conduct both command prompt and file transfer tasks in the background, which is why I am asking this.

Back
Top Bottom