Power Supply Failure?

ETHoward

Beta member
Okay I have a custom built computer that has been working for quite a while now until now. I would plug in my computer every thing turns on but no VGA display, so then i tried a different monitor and nothing. So i opened it up, everything looked fine so i decided to run some diagnostics on the mobo and PSU, All the Mobo had was the cpu and heat sink nothing else. So i had the psu connected to the mobo plug it in and, it turns on automatically, so then i unpluged the usb and power switch cables just incase they were doing something. After i tried it 3 times and still no progress. So i took the motherboard and a different psu to see if that changes any thing and it did the computer stayed off for me so i took a screw driver and touched the pwr button pins on the mother board and got the beep for "No ram". So i want to find out if the power supply has any issues so i plug it in to a different mother board (had the cpu and heat sink) and it automatically turned on. So then i take the psu and do that paperclip test on the green and black wires to see if it turns on and it does. Its when i plug it into a mother board it auto starts up but not the bios or the hdd. The PSU is a TTGI TT-520SS 550 Watt (it has 3 different fan speeds for the quadfan cooling & LED). So if any one knows if the problem is the power supply cause it would be useful cause i dont have alot of money and i dont want to go out and buy a new PSU just to find out this one still works.

Thanks!

Can you list your computer specs? From your post I am a little confused of what exactly the problem is. If it is a VGA display port not working I can't see how the power supply affects that because monitors are powered separately from your computers power supply (Unless it is a laptop) and I can't imagine your power supply not having enough power to not use the minuscule amount of power it takes to send video data over the VGA cable. Also are there any other display options you can choose from other than VGA for example HDMI, Displayport, or DVI?

Well never mind about this thread cause I took the PSU to a friend of mine and he did some tests on it and there was a burnt out circuit in it and I bought a new PSU and the PC is running great again.

Back
Top Bottom