Satan incarnate... or Dell studio 1558

ELC_AMX

Beta member
same thing. anyway, i need help. i recently came in to possession of this ****e hole of a computer, and i am frustrated to no end. not too long after i got it, it started popping up hard drive error messages. it started blue screen core dumping every 30 minutes. i gave in and spent the money on a new hard drive and it seemed to be working OK. but then i tried to play World of tanks. i was getting about 5 frames a minute and it took me 10 minutes just to find the close button. i dismissed it as a poorly optimized game and tried TF2. same thing. i was getting suspicious. i then opened chess titans. a ****ing 3d chess game. HOW INTENSIVE CAN IT BE??!!?? same ****ing thing. i don't have a huge amount of experience with this kind of issue, but i know something is wrong. all the drivers are up to date as far as i can see, so does anyone know what is wrong?

any help is EXTREMELY welcome.

thanks in advance!

Did you get the drivers from Windows Update, Toshiba's site, or each individual component manufacturer's website? You should get them all individually (option 3).

Did you make sure you installed your GPU drivers (i'm assuming integrated Intel drivers)?

i used windows update at first, but then i went to Intel and got the drivers individually in an attempt to fix the problem.

Latest drivers, correct?

Does your model have the i5 or i3? There's a couple different h/w configurations from what I could find.

Back
Top Bottom