AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think 1GB RAM is sufficeint enough for UniGraphics-type programs?? I'm going to be running those along with mah games.

if there is even one more hint of a flame or sarcastic remark in this thread, be it Amd vs Intel or someones computer or whatever this thread will be closed immediatly!!

why does this always happen in **** vs **** threads?! "vs." does not mean its a free for all battle discounting others' opinions (or computer or intelligence).

::head shaking::

--jak

do you think 1GB RAM is sufficeint enough for UniGraphics-type programs?? I'm going to be running those along with mah games.
That'll be more than enough. You really don't need more than 1gb these days. Not yet anyway. Use a program like FreeMem and it'll tell you how much RAM is left in your system.

EDIT:
again i ask do you think 1GB RAM is sufficeint enough for UniGraphics-type programs??
You posted 20 mins ago and a moderator had to address something else before it became more of a problem than it should have been. Keep your pants on man, your questions don't go unseen, no need to double post.

so i guess the majority of the people on the forums think AMDs are way better than Intels?

I have nothing against AMD but personally i'd prefer Intel over AMD. =]

so i guess the majority of the people on the forums think AMDs are way better than Intels?
That's how flames get started (not saying you're starting a flame just listen to me for a sec :p ) But it's from Intels assuming people think AMD's are 'waaay better' this isn't the case....it's just that here in particular, people prefer AMD whereas you prefer Intel and each person has their reasons. You can't really label everyone in here as them 'Thinking AMDs are way better than Intel'

Like in my case, it's simply I prefer AMD, whereas you stated you prefer Intel. I won't lie to you, I've mostly dealt with AMD so I'll blatantly tell you I'm biased towards them. The things I like about AMD are some really simple reasons like the fact that they aren't advertising whores like Intel and haven't been around as long, so it's that underdog factor that makes me like them. Beyond that it seems that they listen to their consumers and try to make the best chip possible, whereas Intel, it really doesn't matter. They put chips in dells, HP's, e-machines, all for grandmas and whatnot so the majority of the people who use Intel generally don't know squat about computers whereas someone with an AMD Built machine either built it themselves, or atleast ordered the parts for someone else to build.... You kinda have to know a little about computers just to know of AMD, whereas you're practically born knowing about Intel as the leading brand.

Not saying you don't know computers just because you have Intel, I'm more speaking of course in terms of Dell, HP, prebuilt machines like that that your grandma use.

The majority of the people on here choose AMD, and they have their reasons. There are a few who will blindly say 'NAH AMD IS BETTER' but they will have nothing to back it up, so you just ignore those people.

Generally the rule of thumb around here is:

Intel = Apps
AMD = Gaming

which for the most part seems fairly true.

Plus you gotta like the fact that AMD can do more with 2GHz than Intel can. It would take Intel 3GHz depending on the type of core the 2GHz AMD had....my chip is OC'd to 2.5 right now for temperature reasons, but when it was at 2.7 I have benches where it would easily beat a 3.6 and up to 3.8GHz Intel depending on the bench and Intel chip. Obviously it's not benched against an EXTREME EDITION!!! Intel or anything like that, but still....2.7GHz comparing to 3.8 is pretty nice.

1GB is more than enough RAM, and that money would be much better spent elsewhere.
What's more, you can always add RAM to your computer at no sacrifice, and if you add it later when you actually need it, it will be less costly. Parts like a vid card on the other hand, can only be replaced.
Spare yourself $200 and buy a 6800 GT or 9800 XT or some other high-end graphics card...or just pocket the cash! :)

i wasn't really starting a flame, just wanted to see the 2 sides. But thanks for pointing out some things Nubius. I personally am not a hardcore gamer where i need my machine to be overclocked to the max with extreme water cooling type of person. Generally, what Intel has to offer is enough.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard from other people that AMD cpus tend to run hotter than intel chips because intel cpu's have better cooling methods? again correct me if i'm wrong. I just want to confirm if thats true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom