Computer Problem

Rocketman2798

Baseband Member
So last night i was on my computer and it without warning just shutoff, so when i turned it back on, it did the same thing. So today while im on the computer it will just randomly freeze, and it will be like that for about 5 to 10 minutes. so i wanted to know what that was.

Post specs please.

Are you doing anything in particular when it freezes?

Have you checked your CPU/GPU temps?

Are you able to go into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking without it freezing, or does it freeze there too?

Is there any HDD activity (does the HDD light flicker or stay lit) when it freezes?

I dont exactly know what the specs to my laptop are, and i was just watching a video for school. i havent tried Safe mode yet either. i dont exactly know how to check the temps either. also i dont know where the HDD light is either.

Side Note,
It froze while i was typing this

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5349. also i found what processor it has would it help if you had that.

P.S.
it hasn't froze since i posted that last message.

Well, lets try a few things.

Firstly let's update your drivers. To get the right drivers for your hardware, since there's some different hardware configs for that machine... please do the this for the following devices:
Audio
Wireless card (WLAN)
Ethernet adapter (LAN)

For your GPU and Chipset (maybe WLAN if it's an Intel card) drivers, you can go here and let Intel's tool scan your system for updated drivers by clicking the "Update Drivers" button under the Intel Driver Utility section:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Open up Device Manager
On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab
Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

Secondly, run a disk check to see if it's an issue with your HDD:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

Well what were you doing at the time it shut off?

Did you get through any of the instructions from my previous post?

from what i can remember i was just scrolling through facebook when it shutoff the second and third time. The first it shutoff i was playing a game. And yes i did go through your above steps. I hope i can figure this out cause i cant afford another computer.

I just looked for HDD light you were talking about. And i cant seem to find one. So i dont think my computer has one.

Back
Top Bottom