need help upgrading computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok go to control panel, then performance and maintenance then click system will tell you your processor speeds and ram.

For the cases, I really like the #3. That air turbine could really help in cooling. #4 is ok as well.

www.pricewatch.com is another site if you know what you are looking for it is very helpful on finding the cheapest prices. It is kind of like an Ebay for computer stuff but you dont bid, it just gives you many different brands, sites, etc.

Ok that processor you have as you said is 2.2ghz im positive it only has 533 FSB. This processor is very old, persoanlly i would replace it.

I know the processor is the problem, is this computer Dell or HP? With that type of processor im sure the company you got this computer from didnt put a very good video card, im thinking a 64 bit. This computer sounds old.

I persoanlly recommend you to just built a brand new computer. With a processor such as that it will have alot of problems using modern applications and video games.

With a new processor your gonna need a new mobo obviously, and i think you should get a video card too. Im sure your sound card is out of date too.

I can easily find you all those parts witch will work togather. For case i would go ith a Thermaltake here is a Mid Tower case that would fit an Intel socket 478 mobo like nothing.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-133-136&DEPA=0

Heres a processor i recommend for you
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-172&depa=0

well taking into fact that i don't have that kindof money for a new processor i won't be able to buy that. but i wish i could get a brand new computer.

damn Codeine you have a hella small hdd. how can you use your computer with that small of an hdd?:eek: i got a 100gb in mine right now an i only got 10gb left, i'm gonna have to drop a 250 in here sometime soon, when i get some $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom