Display problems! need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruenoAE86

Solid State Member
Hi! Well tried posting this in the hardware section, but i think this may be a software problem. I have a toshiba satellite 1730 basicaly the display is not working properly. I have downloaded the latest drivers and BIOS. When i grab a window and drag it the screen starts to flicker a little and then window that i was draging fills with little red dots. Also flowing my cursor are 2 virtical black lines about 3 mm thick and 1.5 cm long. one of the lines is solid and the other is flashing. Also when the black windows XP screen shows up on boot up it is all garbled and distorted. Even on the first screen when it says "press f2 for setup" even that is a little distorted. Does anyone have any Idea what the probelm could be? Please help, and thank you.

Toshiba satellite 1730 (laptop)
192 mb ram (pc 100) i think
ATI RAGE mobility 4mb i think.
Windows XP sp2
13.3 in LCD

This is strange when the laptop is on AC the one of the black bars that follows my cursor(the one that flashes and is not really solid) becomes more solid then when it's on DC.

Holy crap. You're running two monitors on a 4mb card?

Okay, well, whatever...

Anyway, make sure both monitors are set to the same resolution, and same frequencies, and same color depths. Else you'll get conversion-distortion (and sometimes video failures).

no, no, just 1. The laptop monitor is 13.3 in. Is it possible that this is a hardware problem? if so can i just pry the ATI rage chip off the MB than plug another one in. I have a dead MB with the same chip it might still be good.

There was a 12.1 in LCD originaly on this MB, but i took that MB out and put it im my laptop since my MB was dead. i had similar problems with that screen. even during instalation when no system was present at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom