Integrated Graphics on a Dell Latitude E5420

edwardparkes

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have tried getting a comparison up on Google but have had no luck, basically I would like to play minecraft on a laptop and would like to know if the graphics are sufficient before I buy it.

I know the CPU and RAM are good enough and when it comes to graphic cards im generally okay but when it come to integrated graphics im no use the following specs for the laptop are...

• Dell Latitude E5420
  • Processor Intel Core i5 - 2520M
  • Processor Speed 2.5Ghz
  • Memory 4GB DDR3
  • Screen Size 14.1" WideScreen Intel HD Graphics 64Mb 1600x900
  • Hard Drive 250GB SATA
  • Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 3000
  • Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64bit Loaded and Licenced with COA including Service Pack 1

Thank you for all your help,

Regards

Eddy

Should be alright for Minecraft.

From what I could find from researching a bit, you should be able to get around 60fps.

Upgrading your RAM would help somewhat since you're only at 4GB, then you could allocate more RAM to the integrated GPU's VRAM.

Thats brilliant, how do you find out about integrated graphics? ie I know how if graphics cards will run something, but I wouldn't now about integrated graphics.

Regards

Eddy

Thats brilliant, how do you find out about integrated graphics? ie I know how if graphics cards will run something, but I wouldn't now about integrated graphics.

Regards

Eddy

I looked up your CPU on Intel's ARK reference to find out which Intel Graphics it was running just to verify the specs you provided were correct:
ARK | Intel® Coreâ„¢ i5-2520M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz)

Which states you have the HD 3000. Then I just googled "Intel HD Graphics 3000 minecraft" to see what other people were getting.

Can look here to see what other games (depending on the hardware used in benchmarks) would be for framerate as well (scroll down to the Game Benchmarks section): Intel HD Graphics 3000 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Back
Top Bottom