Looking to water cool 780ti

Poizen22

Camera junky
Okay so i would like to water cool my 780ti.

I will start off by listing evertyhing that I Currently have and then explain what it is id like to achieve.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-h220-quiet-power-plug-and-play-c7-79583-1297.htm
http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-780-ti-c2-91766-1360.htm (zotac equivelant)
http://www.ncix.com/detail/bitfenix-prodigy-mitx-mini-itx-tower-14-71143-1360.htm (window version)

Now the way I currently have it set up is with no HDD cage and the radiator in the front as an exaust as my top noctua fans are intakes to blow cold air down on the flat laying motherboard.
what i would like to do is ad another radiator at the top there What i would like to do is replace the bulky pump this thing comes with and pick up this
http://www.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-h220x-all-in-one-liquid-cooling-48-93547.htm

this would provide me with a nice pump/rez/rad combo then i could keep the cpu block it comes with (thats a wicked appoge block) remove the pump cpu combo from the other rad and just fit it all with new tubing and maybe a few fittings if I need to and a good gpu block like this one http://www.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-komodo-nv-le-luxury-edition-gtx-68-96962-1294.htm.

with all the above mentioned items what else would I need? also for the money and what I am trying to achieve is this a good solution or is there something else you might recomend while still being able to use the current H220 I have. Will 240mm be better than a stand alone 120mm or 140mm rad?

I feel like the H220+h220x would be a good combo no?

I would like to be able to bioflash my 780ti and clock it even further thats why im deciding on the water cooling upgrade.

Last edited:
With the price of the 220x you could grab yourself a better Monstaa 240 (clearance permitting) or Black Ice 240 and a real res. The pump on the original 220 should be sufficient enough to add a GPU and the extra 240 rad. I say res because I can only imagine filling the 220x from the rad port could be a pain. A small FusionQ res would look cool and you could fill it from the top way easier. THe uglier option would be forget the res and just make a T line with a fill port.

My original h220 also has a Rez built into the rad, the diference between the two is that the h220 has the pump on the cpu block vs the h220x has a larger rez and the pump on the rad. Now a final option could be to just grab a H140x.

That's what I'm saying. I don't really see the point in having the extra hardware when what you need could be had with a cleaner build (IMO). The 220 having the pump on the block means not having a res/pump protruding from the top. I'm a big fan of the original 220, but not so much the 220x due to their redesign (**** you Asetek). It's your loop so you can do whatever you want, so just giving my opinion. I just feel buying another AIO really isn't the way to go if you're leaning more towards a custom loop. Since that's the case I feel buying better hardware is a much wiser decision on your wallet.

IMO you're looking at better cooling performance by having one of these as a primary in the loop (or secondary if you're using a rad in the front too).
Black Ice Xtreme 2 High Peformance Radiator - Black [EXTREME2-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240 Radiator Products Model: AC-14181 [AC-14181] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

The little Swifty 240 can't compete with that Monsta :lol: but looking at your case I'm not sure you could fit that on the top.

FOr the same price as the 220x you could get one of the rads, and a cool res like this.
FrozenQ Liquid Fusion V Series 160 ml Reservoir - Black Products Model: HX160-B [HX160-B] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

IF you want something a little more simple and cheaper, you also have smaller res combos like this EK.
EK-DDC X-Res 100 CSQ - Acetal Products Model: EK-DDC-XRES100-CSQ-AC [EK-DDC-XRES100-CSQ-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

You could put it on top of the bottom drive cage if you're still using it or if not using either cage put the Monsta in the front.
I know you said you want to replace the bulky pump of the 220, but the 220x setup looks to be more bulky, and not as clean as the 220.

Looking at it I dont even think I can fit a 240mm in the top with my h220 in the front.
I would probably be looking at a 140mm rad for the back exaust, some tubing and fittings, and a gpu block. I do not need a Rez as my current radiator has a Resovoir in it.

dy50ua.jpg

This is what my current inside looks like.

Do the fans make contact with the GPU or is it directly in front of those fans? Hard to tell with the pic.

I think you'll find it very difficult to use the current rad/res setup when you fill it up.

What you could do, is do a 140mm Monsta in the front, place the Swifty on top and continue using the current pump. Adding a GPU block will make things real difficult for plumbing though.

Edit: After looking at some photos, this is what I would do. Get a 140 Monsta and put it in the front with the 1/4 threads on top. Put the Swifty rad on top with a push setup having the fans on the outside pushing through the rad, and having the back fan as exhaust. Plumb CPU to GPU, to swifty, to Monsta, to res (optional) back to CPU. With the Komodo block the barbs face towards the CPU so should make that loop rather simple. Will be a squeeze but should get good cooling performance out of it. If enough room, push/pull on Swifty for max performance.

Last edited:
the whole idea of this is to add the gpu block if I cant do that then there is no point ie me changing anything at all. also no those fans are about 1 inch deeper behind the gpu.

Yea I made an edit. It's doable, but IMO if you want this kind of cooling you should really get a better case tailored for a custom loop.

The most expensive but best way to do this would be get a Koolance chiller :lol: no rads needed!

Back
Top Bottom