Graphics card

I use my machine for basic use and playing games online.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TechForum

Edit: Is there a better way to test the performance of my pc rather than the WIE?

Which ones? The info on computer properties?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TechForums

Edit:

Processor: Intel core (tm) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.87GHz
Ram: 2.00GB (1.87GB usable)
32-bit operating system

Last edited:
Which ones? The info on computer properties?

Edit:

Processor: Intel core (tm) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.87GHz
Ram: 2.00GB (1.87GB usable)
32-bit operating system
Pretty dated by today's standards but the 2400xt should smooth web browsing and other things out. Not going to be a gaming monster or anything.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Lol thats cool.

I also switched my processor with another spare pc (because the spare pc had a higher processor) I got but now its showing the spare pc has a higher processor than this one.

I guess my question is - Does my pc have to tell me it has the original processor even when it doesnt?

Hope that makes sense.

Edit:

My spare pc has the following specs:

Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz
3.00GB Ram
32Bit OS

Last edited:
What's saying is what is better? If you have the E2220 is should perform slightly better but they are almost on par with each other in actual performance. Like I said before, don't pay attention to Windows Index.

Ok. Ill set this graphics card up with the adapter.

Have you got any other advice on how to optimize my computer? I downloaded avast and removed avg. Read online its somewhat better.

I personally use Avast but since it looks like they took away the free trial 365 day reg I might find something else to use on my client PCs.

Basically the only thing I can recommend is if you're using Windows 7 use the classic theme to reduce background processing, close out of EVERYTHING besides the game you want to play, reduce startup programs. ABout it other than physically upgrading the hardware to better stuff.

Thats exatly what I've done lol. May not look too pretty but it all helps.

I was thinking about upgrading the ram but have read everywhere that its a pain in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom