Razer synapse software for my Death Adder

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
I am surprised to not to find a thread on this subject. I have used Razer Death Adder mice for some time. Recently Razer all of a sudden forced you to download and install a program to use for their mice. Synapse software is always running and on My PC it occasionally locks up requiring a reboot - usually when I leave it on and it goes into sleep/hibernation mode. .

I am wondering in anybody else is having issues or concerns about this situation. Not to mention the whole idea of a software running on my PC in the background at all times, that is all of a sudden required a year post purchase. Without sounding paranoid or crazy - I don't like being forced to use a program that could collecting data and send it to Razer or someone else.....

Without sounding paranoid or crazy - I don't like being forced to use a program that could collecting data and send it to Razer or someone else.....

Given the revelations about the NSA it's not really all that paranoid.

Hence my starting the thread. I am surprised that others have not said anything as I know several on here use Razor products. I also read that if you lose your internet connection the software for the mouse wont work at all making the mouse not work at all... Cant confirm that.. but if true that stinks. What if you want to play a game without connecting to the internet- because your internet service is out temporarily or the service you have is poor, etc. . I know I wont buy another Razor product.

If you believe everything Razer says, then the program is just for syncing profiles to the cloud so the peripherals can be easily moved around without losing settings. I also didn't like the fact that it could be sending data all the time, so I put the program in offline mode. Now it only connects when I tell it to. The button is in the top right corner of the synapse program. Hope this helps!

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Back
Top Bottom