RAM problem, help

memtest86+ indicates the CPU temperature, is it accurate? it is always between 56ºC-62ºC
Fairly normal for a laptop... but wouldn't hurt to repaste your CPU and /or GPU if it has a dedicated one.

Is that temp idle or load?

Sent from my Nexus 7

well, mistery will be solved soon, my sister Sony Vaio laptop uses the same type of memory as mine, so im testing her 4gb dimm on my computer and my dimms on her computer...lets see what happens, the thing is that she needs her computer tomorrow...so i won't be able to run it for too long...but i can leave my dimms on her computer while she uses it (hopefully she won't get a blue screen if she had not saved her architecture project or she'll ****ing kill me) and keep testing hers on mine.
I'll keep you posted guys, and thanks again to all of you for helping me

ok! it's either a problem with the motherboard or the upper slot (or both). Both dimms work fine in my sister's computer.

When I tried her 4gb dimm on my computer in the upper slot, it worked fine (i tested it for 72 hours) I was happy thinking it was a problem with my dimms. Then I tried my 4gb samsung dimm on the upper slot again and it was working fine, which was really strange...
(I ran the test for like 2 days).

Then I decided to try ( i don't know why) my sister's dimm again, and after some seconds of having started memtest a lot of errors appeared and computer restarted, then i tried with mine and the same, after that i ran memtest lots of times (alternating my 4gb dimm and my sisters) and it always showed errors within 20 minutes of having started the test (sometimes after just 30 seconds).

I just don't understand why both of them worked fine for days and suddenly this.

Here you can watch 2 videos, check the weird "lines" and characters the screen starts showing (sorry for my poor english) in the 2nd one when the screen goes black its because the computer turned off by itself and then I couldn't turn it on, I had to wait for some minutes...

This is making me so stressed, thank you guys for helping me.

http://youtu.be/8_tMvzW1Wgc (television was on haha, i am not saying anything)

http://youtu.be/uNXD9wHf-fo

http://youtu.be/JUEjv1nuuEg memtest confeti lol :(

Last edited:
It could be a loose slot where the solder is coming out of contact with the board. I think you should just stick with 1 4GB stick personally in the lower slot for stability.

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I've fixed the problem :D

It had always been strange to me that in some ocassions memtest would fail right away, minutes after starting it, and others it would run without issues for days. I started to think there was a problem with how the stick was placed in the slot, or bad contact with it.

So i've read about someone who wrapped a credit card with a thin cloth soeaked in isopropyl alcohol (i used contact cleaner) and then cleaned inside the slot with it, well, it worked, I had sprayed contact cleaner before but this time i cleaned inside the slot a bit roughly with the card.

Memtest never failed again :D

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Back
Top Bottom