1055t based gaming system upgrade. (my final thread, you can move previous threads to this one)

I don't, sorry. Crossfire would be done on a Asrock 970 extreme4.

I run this system for over 4 years now but the cpu usage rarely exceeds 40% with my 5770, i'm afraid that if i start to game for 8-12h 5 days a week with all cores maxed out the mobo that has opinions of catching on fire can have problems handling it.

And a 760 is still a single card ;)
You won't have all cores maxed out with that CPU and gaming.

I agree with pp on this, but if you happen to oc and you do let it go on 24/7.
I say within 2-4 months your grease will dissipate much faster than you expected it to.

If your still willing to upgrade the cpu look into this:
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor FD6300WMHKBOX - Newegg.com
Stacked against amd's current 8310 8 core you don't need that cpu.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor FD6300WMHKBOX - Newegg.com
+

= No fish tank computer system!
^
Both of these will keep amd quad/hexa cores silent for a long time when paired with a good quality heatsink.
Personally I recommend you stay away from water cooling.

I wan't to but if i go with the spec-03 there is not enough room for any good heatsink, I was thinking about switching to:
Corsair Graphite Series 230T pomarañczowo-czarna - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
And getting a 212 evo, it would be cheaper and quieter than h60 and the performance from what i read would be about the same.
I could also get the corsair cs750m:
Corsair CS 750W Modular 80+ Gold - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
for the money i would spend on a h60/h80i and when switching my cpu i would get h100i. Or i can get the NH-D14:
http://www.agito.pl/noctua-nh-d14-8....pl&utm_campaign=wszystkie&utm_content=684032
and a cx500m and then get the new psu when i upgrade to the fx chip.

So my question is this: Will a cs750m and the nh-d14 be good enough for a overclocked fx chip and sli 760 and which one should i get now? CM 212 evo and cs750m now and h100i or equivalent later or a cx500m and nh-d14 now and a cs750m or the equivalent later?

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
Crucial SSD MX100 (2.5", 128GB, SATA/600) - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl

or:

Noctua NH-D14
Corsair CX500w modular

Last edited:
I wan't to but if i go with the spec-03 there is not enough room for any good heatsink, I was thinking about switching to:
And getting a 212 evo, it would be cheaper and quieter than h60 and the performance from what i read would be about the same.
I could also get the corsair cs750m:
for the money i would spend on a h60/h80i and when switching my cpu i would get h100i. Or i can get the NH-D14:
Noctua NH-D14 - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
and a cx500m and then get the new psu when i upgrade to the fx chip.

So my question is this: Will a cs750m and the nh-d14 be good enough for a overclocked fx chip and sli 760 and which one should i get now? CM 212 evo and cs750m now and h100i or equivalent later or a cx500m and nh-d14 now and a cs750m or the equivalent later?

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
Keep the ssd and the case and the get these 2 items instead of asus mobo and corsair psu

MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 Desktop Motherboard - AMD 990FX Chipset - Socket AM3+ - Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500348

Both of these items with the fx6300 and either that graphics card pp recommended or this.

ZOTAC ZT-70603-10M GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card - Newegg.com

That build shouldn't catch on fire what so ever.
Not unless you do something stupidly inside the machine or accidently do something for it burn up which is very rare.

@-RockMan-:
I would rather not go with msi again, the 750 ti you posted is just only about 20% stronger than my HD5770, i don't think this is a good upgrade and i'm not changing my cpu right now, that's what i'm planning to do in the future, in like 2-4 years when my phenom starts to really feel dated. My psu is from the Carbon series, which is on a black list on the power supplies, i would rather not risk putting my new parts to the pc with a psu listed on a black list.

@PP Mguire:
I would like to get your opinion on the subject of my previous post.
And about that mobo, I really feel like i need to replace it and if i'm changing it now i think i should get something decent, that's why i'm spending on it so much. This can be only better for me since until january nvidia may release a new 800 series and the price of 760 may drop or i even could be able to get the new 860.

Last edited:
@-RockMan-:
I would rather not go with msi again, the 750 ti you posted is just only about 20% stronger than my HD5770, i don't think this is a good upgrade and i'm not changing my cpu right now, that's what i'm planning to do in the future, in like 2-4 years when my phenom starts to really feel dated. My psu is from the Carbon series, which is on a black list on the power supplies, i would rather not risk putting my new parts to the pc with a psu listed on a black list.

Why bother asking for opinions now if your not ready to buy in the near future ?
To me it seems like your perfectly "content" with your setup minus the vga.
If you feel like you need a better card for under 100 bucks.
Check into the nvidia GT700 series, evga and zotac have some cards that will would be on par with its GTX counterpart.

That hexacore I use to own that, be cautious if you oc you know how to.
It will hit 4,0ghz on a artic or zalmin heatsink fan with decent grease that I showed you earlier.
However it will burn out faster if you "DO" oc it 24/7 and the cpu is running at 60%-100% daily with whatever you do extensively.

Do some homework about knowing when to look for good deals in the year.
Most members that have been here long enough will post about deals throughout the year.

Best of luck on your future computer builds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom