Green lines on the screen after a crash

xana1990

Beta member
Hello!

I was playing a game while my pc crashed. After i restarted it my screen was full with green lines even on the boot screen but not in the bios and not in safe mode.
If i runing my PC normaly my screen is still full with green lines and i cannot run any games because the pc dont recognize my VGA. I tried to reinstal my driver and nothing happend but while i had no VGA driver my pc changed into a very low color mode and i had no green lines.
i was browsing around the net and found some similar problems so afterall its makes me think its VRAM fault but why my pc became completetly useless ? Shouldnt it just cause the green lines ? I cannot run anything not even 2D games because its say i missing Shader Model 1.0 . Basicly i can't do anything till i buy a new VGA or there is a way to fix it or atlest make it to be able to run some games again?

(I cleaned my whole PC out after this happend)

My spec is:
CPU: core2duo 2.8ghz
Ram:4gb ddr2
VGA:Gtx 460 1GB
HHD:120GB SSD

Have you uninstalled the drivers in Safe Mode and then reinstalled the newest drivers from nVidia's site?

Also, try using DriverSweeper to remove the drivers:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

1. Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
2. Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
3. Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.

Have you uninstalled the drivers in Safe Mode and then reinstalled the newest drivers from nVidia's site?

Also, try using DriverSweeper to remove the drivers:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

I did it now but didn't helped and in sfae mode i have got the green lines too but they are a lot smaller. Now i reinstalled mí driver after i removed it with DriverSweeper in Safe Mode and now after restarted my pc in normal mode the max resulution i can set is 640x480 and the color mod is very low probably lower than 256 color (its almost black and white)

When i open Display>Screen Resolution then Advanced Settings at the adapter all i can see is <unavalible>

Will i be even able to make my pc recognise my VGA somehow ? I would really need it just for temporary till i get a new one.

I did it now but didn't helped and in sfae mode i have got the green lines too but they are a lot smaller. Now i reinstalled mí driver after i removed it with DriverSweeper in Safe Mode and now after restarted my pc in normal mode the max resulution i can set is 640x480 and the color mod is very low probably lower than 256 color (its almost black and white)

When i open Display>Screen Resolution then Advanced Settings at the adapter all i can see is <unavalible>

Will i be even able to make my pc recognise my VGA somehow ? I would really need it just for temporary till i get a new one.

You need to reinstall your GPU drivers now. Go to nVidia's website, download the newest.

Though, if you're seeing the green lines in Safe Mode as well on base drivers... then it's most likely a bad video card. IMO I'd look into replacing it. Usually once you see lines like that, it's better to just replace it than prolong the inevitable by lowering core/memory speeds.

Back
Top Bottom