display driver??

kalessi

In Runtime
When I'm on my laptop i will get a display driver error and the screen will go black? Anyway to fix this or troubleshoot it?

Update your video drivers from the GPU manufacturer's website.

Do you have Intel, nVidia, or AMD?

Sent from my HTC One

If you have a pre-built PC such as an HP, Acer, Toshiba; they usually provide downloads or links to downloads on their website.

Do a search for "[Model number] drivers" on google just be sure to check for www.[brand].com. I had to rebuild drivers recently and one website that was invaluable was Windows Driver Download Center - Driver Scape

Driverscape would have been even better if they didnt cram their windows driver download utility down your throat; i'd recommend avoiding that but they do have a huge archive of drivers for various hardware components.

Post the brand / model of your laptop and/or the model of your Intel Graphics and we can look it up on Intel's website for you.

Or you can run Intel's Driver Updater utility. Go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx and click on the "Driver Update Utility" and allow it to run. It will take a few minutes to scan your system and come back with links to the Intel drivers you need to update.

If you have a pre-built PC such as an HP, Acer, Toshiba; they usually provide downloads or links to downloads on their website.

Do a search for "[Model number] drivers" on google just be sure to check for www.[brand].com. I had to rebuild drivers recently and one website that was invaluable was Windows Driver Download Center - Driver Scape

Driverscape would have been even better if they didnt cram their windows driver download utility down your throat; i'd recommend avoiding that but they do have a huge archive of drivers for various hardware components.

The computer manufacturer driver isn't up to date 90% of the time and they have an old version; which is why I suggested to OP to go to the GPU manufacturer's site to get the newest driver.

I have had this issue in the past with my Gateway FX Gaming laptop, and it turned out that the card itself was bad. Then, I had to decide whether or not swapping them out was worth it (a lengthy project at the time).

I still have decided what to do with it, but I would open up your box to ensure that all your cables are connected safely, and reseat any that you find. Also, make sure that the fan is properly spinning. My mother's card was FILLED with dust and lint. So, do that, and follow it up with a good clean.

You should be good if that was the case. Otherwise, check out your drivers and the structural integrity of the card itself.

I have had this issue in the past with my Gateway FX Gaming laptop, and it turned out that the card itself was bad. Then, I had to decide whether or not swapping them out was worth it (a lengthy project at the time).

I still have decided what to do with it, but I would open up your box to ensure that all your cables are connected safely, and reseat any that you find. Also, make sure that the fan is properly spinning. My mother's card was FILLED with dust and lint. So, do that, and follow it up with a good clean.

You should be good if that was the case. Otherwise, check out your drivers and the structural integrity of the card itself.

It's a laptop with integrated graphics ;). No dedicated card.

Back
Top Bottom