1055t based gaming system upgrade. (my final thread, you can move previous threads to this one)

So no autotune for me? Well, there is not much point in getting a asus mother board, is there? What would you recomend for let's say 400zł on agito.pl, features i need are:
-2way sli
-5fan connectors (i know that'a a lot but spec-03 comes with 3, i have my own 120 and there is also a cpu fan to connect and i have no budget for splitters/molex adapters, they are not on agito, would have to buy on separate site with separate shipping costs, at least $10-&20, as i see it, not worth it)
-am3+ socket, i see your point about intel but i can't get right now get a new cpu an new mobo, too tight budget where as with am3+ i can just get a cpu upgrade when my pc will start to feel slow
-usb 3.0 front panel connector (the passtrouth for onboard usb 2.0 header is $10, $20 with shipping, this with 3pin splitters would be about $40 which i don't have

Exactly why I told you, just get your GPU and SSD and stick with what you got until you can afford a proper upgrade. Again like I said, don't worry about SLI either. You will not be able to run 2 760s on that CX600 without running risk of blowing the PSU if you stick with AMD. So with the money you have now you can afford a quality PSU, the 760, and the Samsung EVO and just sit it out. Your performance will be just fine until you can do a proper platform upgrade.

Not only that, but the Intel upgrade is totally feasible if you dropped the case and cooler for a Pentium and H81 board. Then no bottleneck and easier to save for a better case.

This is what i come uo with cutting every corner possible, can you check if it will all go together without any problems?
Things on the bottom are alcohol for cleaning my cpu, 2x3pin splitters and a front panel usb adapter for my current mobo.
And ofc. will my mobo work fine for the next 2-3 years without burning this whole system? I'm really afraid of that, since i game pretty hardcore (sometimes my pc is running for 3-4 days switching betwen gaming and rendering at night) I know i won't be doing any overclocking with this board/cooler/psu but will it all go together nicelly and safely without any problems?

Spartan Pro HE924 78 SilentiumPC Spartan Pro HE924 - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
corsair spec-03 biała 218 Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 bia³y LED - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
Geforce 760 869 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 WindForce II OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E BOX - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
corsair cx 430 m 194 Corsair CX Series Modular 80 Plus Bronze 500W - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
crucial mx100 265 Crucial SSD MX100 (2.5", 128GB, SATA/600) - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl

alkohol 9,9 https://www.cooling.pl/kontakt-ipa-alkohol-izopropylowy-60ml,produkt,2161.html
adapter usb 29,9 https://www.cooling.pl/adapter-usb30-20-pin-na-usb20,produkt,554285.html
rozgałęźnik 3pin 17,81 https://www.cooling.pl/phobya-rozgaleziacz-y3pin-30cm,produkt,552715.html

Do you not have a local store or pharmacy that sell rubbing alcohol (isopropyl)? Coffee filters and rubbing alcohol work just fine for cleaning gunk. You'll need thermal paste if that cooler doesn't come with it.

Honestly the board should be fine. People who burned out their board more than likely tried to overclock on it. Thing to take note on is, your CPU shouldn't be running 100% on it anyways, meaning you're not stressing the board out that bad.

Ok, thanks for that, if you say so i think i will go with it if only i can stretch my budget this far, i'm a little bit worried about that 430 wat psu, i can get a non-modular 550 corsair for about the same price:
Corsair VS 550W - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl

I'm still not sure about this gigabyte 760, i chose it because it's $10 less, compared to the msi one i was planning to get, I honestly can't afford another $10 at this point, but is it any good? Did you ever used it? I can't find much about this 2 fan windforce 760.

About that store, i have but i cant translate rubbing alcohol to polish, literal translations brings no results and when i try to search for a isopropyl alcohol i also get no results, this one on cooling.pl is the only one i have seen in polish stores, it's only ~$3. This cooler comes with some kind of cheap thermal compound, i would get something normal but in my budget i have about $3 left.

Yeah, thats polish :D

Ok, i was thinking about this over night and come up with this parts list:
What do you think about it?
I know you think it's not a good option but i fell like that's the best i can get for my money. The plan is to get a fx chip and another 270 for crossfire, will i be able to do this on this board?
I want to go with crossfire because i can't afford a better graphics card now and i don't want to get a 760 without a new mobo, too afraid of my msi catching on fire, but if i get r9 270 i get a boost in performance now and when i can afford the fx and another 270 i cna finalize that upgrade.

Spartan Pro HE924 78 (i know i will have to get something better for a fx but the noise of 1055t stock coller is killing me)
SilentiumPC Spartan Pro HE924 - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
corsair spec-03 biała 218
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 bia³y LED - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
thermaltake 530w m 188
Thermaltake Smart Se 530W 80+ Bronze - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
crucial mx100 265
Crucial SSD MX100 (2.5", 128GB, SATA/600) - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
970 ex4 313
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
Msi 270 639 (i could be able to test my pc with a hd7850, i can post results if that helps) (an alternative is a 660 and then another 660 for sli)
MSI Radeon R9 270 Gaming OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E BOX - Sklep internetowy Agito.pl
http://www.agito.pl/karta-graficzna...ddr5-pci-e-box-84-864950.html?attr=248-544472

molex na 3pin 15,79
Cooling.pl : SilentiumPC MultiConnector 4pin/4x3pin [SPC047] - 7.90PLN

@edit:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 Extreme4/index.us.asp?cat=VGA&c=2
Neither r9 270 or gtx 660 are on the compatible sli/xf list, will they still work?

Last edited:
There isn't any way a graphics card can make your board catch fire. How long have you had this setup? I think it's safe to say you're using paranoia as an excuse to buy new **** now rather than being smart about your money.

I'm not afraid that my mobo will suddenly combust after putting a 760 on it, but i'm spending ~$500 on this upgrade and don't want to risk my parts, that's also why i'm switching the psu.
After reading this:
1100T on MSI 770-C45
I'm very worried about this mobo, they say that 770 and 780 series had insane failure rate and they can burn under heavy load.

Yea but you have to understand what you're saying basically doesn't make any sense. "I don't want to get a 760 because I'm afraid of my board catching fire, but I want to get a 270 to Crossfire later instead". You see my point? My other point is, how long have you actually had this setup? If you've had it over 6 months to a year odds of anything happening are VERY slim. It's also why I told you not to try any overclocking on the board. If it's been running stable with no issues, it'll continue to do so if you just keep air flow over the VRM section.

But if you want to go ahead with buying the new setup go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom