Which laptop should I get?

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hello everyone. Im looking to get a new laptop. My budget is a 1000, and maybe a little more depending if its worth it. I know a little about computers, but Im no tech. Its not for gaming, but i want the option to play new games on it if i want to. Im looking for it to be fast, have a lot of hard drive space, and maybe touch screen, but its not a requirement. If anyone needs more to go off of, please let me know. The Macs look really nice, but i dont want just a nice looking laptop, i want one to get the job done if you know what i mean. Thanks.

When you say new games, what kind of new games are you wanting to play?

What's going to be the primary function of it?

Games like battlefield 4. But it's mainly for school. Research, video, things like that. I know I'm being very broad, but I don't want my laptop to specialize in one thing, I want to have the option for it to be efficient in many areas. I hope that makes sense

The Y50 is pretty nice.

Though if you're wanting to actually game... you'll either have to spend at least $1200 on a new gaming laptop, or do what I did with both of my gaming laptops: look at used/refurb systems.

Got both my Asus G73jh and MSI GT780DX for <$800 each.

Thanks a lot. Gaming isnt that important to me. This is what ive come down to, i could really use some input of your thoughts.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-touchsmart-17-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-modern-silver/3700073.p?id=1219093055929&skuId=3700073&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=2

or
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-13-3-display-8gb-memory-256gb-flash-storage/6293168.p?id=1218725802337&skuId=6293168&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050001&cp=1&lp=2

That laptop I linked will wipe the floor with those other 2, it will utterly destroy them performance wise, you won't even really be able to game on those other 2

Back
Top Bottom