P4P800 S/SE Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
I have a Asus P4P800 S/SE motherboard with a P4 3.4GHz HT. I'm interested in overclocking it but how would i go about doing this?

Thanks

————————————————————
Asus P4P800S/SE
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz HT
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
1GB 400MHz Geil RAM + Aluminium heat spreaders
1×60GB SATA Maxtor
1×160GB Maxtor
A-Top X-Blade
————————————————————

also, the P4P800 series includes an application/program called AI booster, because the board is an AI board, the application will overclock your chip and voltage and FSB without the need to go into bios. check your mobo disc, i have the P4P800E deluxe version and the disc had many tools including the AIbooster, ASUSprobe montiroing tool, and some other kewl stuff.

The disc doesn't have the AI booster

————————————————————
Asus P4P800S/SE
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
1×60GB SATA Maxtor
1×160GB Maxtor
A-Top X-Blade
————————————————————

I have overclocked my P4 3.4 HT to 5% successfully using BIOS, however when I put it up to 10%, the computer restarts randomly. Is this due to my poor mobo or something else ?

————————————————————
Asus P4P800S/SE
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
1×60GB SATA Maxtor
1×160GB Maxtor
A-Top X-Blade
————————————————————

your mobo should be fine, i've had my P4P series OC'd quite a bit with no problems, it may be other components though, remember when your overclock in bios, other things get overclocked automattically, it could be your AGP and PCI slots, or Ram that is messing it up.

you can check out ASUS.com and then go to downloads, then mobos and search for yor mobo, and then under utilities, download the AIbooster.

I can seem to find the AI Booster. Is there anything else on this site which can help ?

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800S&Type=Latest

————————————————————
Asus P4P800S/SE
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
1×60GB SATA Maxtor
1×160GB Maxtor
A-Top X-Blade
————————————————————

Hmm, i looked at your link, i looked under all the tabs and i could not find the AIbooster. maybe i was wrong to say that all the P4P series boards were compatable with AIbooster, and i am sorry. i would just email you my AIbooster program, but that would probably kill your mobo though if it's not compatable :( there is one more in-windows overclocking utility that works with quite a few mobos, but i cannot recall the name of it as of now.

it's weird cause the way they packaged my P4P800E Deluxe, they made it sound like all the P4P's had AI. -kicks myself in the butt- :)

Np, but thanks for the help. I was thinking about getting a new mobo anyway ...

————————————————————
Asus P4P800S/SE
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.4GHz HT
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
1×60GB SATA Maxtor
1×160GB Maxtor
————————————————————

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom