Unwanted GPU Throttle?!

UpfrontRex

Beta member
Hello guys, this is my first post on the forum so bare with me.

I recently bought a Lenovo Y50. Using a i7-4710HQ. nVidia GeForce GTX 860m, 8gb of RAM.

As every other laptop, when the charger is unplugged, it throttles to save battery life. It's not noticeable when i'm watching video's or anything but gaming.
When i play AC4 o all maxed out, with charger in its runs fine. But even on middle to low settings, it runs laggy on battery.
There's no speedstep or anything in my BIOS. And all the useless power options are, well, useless. Is there any way i can stop my GPU from throttling?
My CPU is no problem, it runs at 3500mhz when im playing on battery. Its just the GPU.. It slows down for about 30%.

I can't figure it out... Please help someone <3

Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

Have you tried changing the power options of the laptop? Setting them to maximum performance under battery?

Unfortunately I think it's the nature of a laptop to throttle like that especially on battery power. And you wouldn't get much time to play off battery either.

Thanks for replying, but as i said in the thread, all the power options are pretty much useless. I can play on powersaver with hardly any FPS loss compared to playing on high performance.
I know it's the laptops nature, but there must be a way around it.
I boosted everything to the max now, it runs a little smoother with those games. But i'll stick to gaming with charger in.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom