Portable Power To Desktop PC

bboymime

Beta member
Every weekend I go to the flea market and always come across people selling used desktops or laptops. Ofcourse there is no way to test them and they always tell me they don't know anything about it, they are just selling it. I have gambled several times and have been lucky so far, but I want a way to be able turn on the desktop. I found a monitor that is powered by 2.0 usb and I plug it right to the vga. I have a usb keyboard mouse combo so that is set. I just need to be able to power the desktop to get it to reach bios, check the specs, and test the operating system. The battery life only needs to be 30 mins at most and I do not want to be carrying around a car battery. Can anyone please help me figure out how to have a small and lightweight battery that can power a standard desktop via powercord outlet??
Comment

A fully charged UPS could... but they're fairly heavy for one that can last 20-30 min.

They'll be ~5-6lbs (at least) for the most part; with ones lasting longer being heavier to accommodate the extra batteries. There could be a better solution out there too; I just haven't researched into it really.

Depending on the machines being sold you're looking at a UPS heavier than a car battery setup to do what you want. And for the price you might as well tote around a small generator. It'll have wheels.

Depending on the machines being sold you're looking at a UPS heavier than a car battery setup to do what you want. And for the price you might as well tote around a small generator. It'll have wheels.

Stuff 1 or 2 UPS's inside a carry-on luggage bag that has the wheels/pull bar :lol:.

If this became a trend eventually all PC flea market vendors would know who's serious about buying because they have their generators or luggage full of UPS.. hahahaha.

It would be really smart as a flea market vendor to provide a way to demonstrate the product your selling though, seems like a missed opportunity for them.

Back
Top Bottom