DayZ SA, who wants to play?

bew556

Baseband Member
Hello,

Do any of you own DayZ SA who would like to play some time? I play this game a lot, but mostly lone wolf. If you are interested in playing, my steam name is bew556, nickname is 'Neb.'

I have had a lot of great/memorable experiences in this game. For instance, last night while scrounging around for ammo, someone comes up behind me and says, "hey, drop your weapon." I told him I didn't have any ammo, which is why I didn't have my gun drawn in the first place, it was on my back. I proceeded to drop my Mosin and axe, then he asks me to kneel and put my hands on my head, which I also proceeded to do. He thanked me for being so cooperative, and acknowledged that I didn't lie about not having ammo. He asked me if I needed anything, I said I did not. He then dropped 20 rounds of 7.62 on the ground and told me not to move until I could no longer see him in the distance. He ran off into the woods.

Needless to say I was mind blown. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me in DayZ, but I keep trying to think of how things would have went down if I had my gun drawn, and if I had ammo. Most of the time if I encounter another player with their gun drawn, I don't think twice, because to be honest most of the time, neither do they.

Sorry for getting off track, but yeah, if anyone wants to play, let me know! It's so much fun playing this game, and also getting to try out all the new features they implement along the way. The latest feature, which has vastly improved the game, was when they fixed the mouse movements. It feels more natural to move around in DayZ now, and less awkward.

P.S. I saw another DayZ thread, but it was from several months ago, so figured I'd start a fresh one.

I've gotten completely addicted to this game,The last update however I think they went a little far with how ****ed off them zombies get lol they just keep coming with no mercy LOL. Yesterday was playing with a few friends and we decided camp with some sniper rifles in a pretty full server, We decided to get brave and go to the top floor of the Hotel in Berezino which if you play much you know is a hot spot. Well anyway we were waiting for well armed players to loot the police station and we heard a gun shot real close, One of our guys yells that he's gonna get shot LOL (This player LOVES confrontation LOL) well anyway he yells back that he's a friendly and wants to know where he is. The rest of us all remained quiet. so the yell back and forth some then my buddy stops talking. We continue to hear the other guy yelling to him trying to find him. Then he yells "Can you hear us" My first thought was "US" how many friendlies travel in groups in that game LOL Well he yelled back and they figured out where he was. What they seemed really surprised at was that we had a entire group on that floor covering the entire side of the building LOL There were at least 3 of them and at least one had a M4 and the buddy who was yelling back and forth was the guy who watches our back with the AKM and has 3 75 round drums LOL Well he was lying on the floor shooting towed the top of the stairs and if anyone else was any where near the hotel they ran the other way. He was half way through his second drum of 75 rounds, I was giving cover fire with my FNX45 and dumped half of a 15 round clip into one of there backs as the tried to get to a room for cover and a better shot at us hehe. Lots of bullets fired, They lost at least one and two took hits but went out of view so not sure if they died or not. Well a group who were pretending to be friendlies walked right into a ambush and they were NOT happy about it LOL They were expecting to find a solo player and pretend to be friendly and either hand cuff them or out right kill him with a shot to the back. Well they took the pounding that round LOL. two of us were real lucky, Not even a hit to bandage and I got the one confirmed kill with 7-8 45's in the back and all my gear was still pristine after the fight LOL. His body was there a while after the battle ended LOL.

I'll add your name to my steam and if I see you on when were getting into a game I'll send you the link to out team speak 3 server. Changed from the sniper to the New AK101, Liking that gun a lot so far, much less kick than the AKM.

Dauntae

Sent a request, Been using C-Reaper on Steam

Last edited:
Awesome!

I would agree. The last update made zombies a little more unmanageable. I used to carry a knife and punch zombies in the head knocking them out. But now, the melee hit box is messed up or something, and you can't even hit zombies in the head or knock them out. I shot a zombie the other day in the town south of the New Town (with the city hall building) and zombies kept coming at me for 5-10 minutes non stop. I wasted 20-30 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo, and finally just had to give up and run away, because they would not stop coming.

I have yet to get my hands on an AKM or an AK101 =( But I did manage to find a CR527, but can't find the mag =(

I accepted your request on steam - will definitely have to join up sometime.

Only ace you'll find the AKM or AK101 is the military air bases in the SW and NW. I have the 101 but have a Mousin in my hands and is my weapon of choice for long shots. The big thing with zombies now is if you shoot it gets the attention of other zombies, Like if you heard a gun shot in your back yard, they all come running. It seems they don't want you to sit too still any more. We all now use a fire axe for zombie killing, Doesn't attract other zombies and usually a one shot kill.

Only ace you'll find the AKM or AK101 is the military air bases in the SW and NW. I have the 101 but have a Mousin in my hands and is my weapon of choice for long shots. The big thing with zombies now is if you shoot it gets the attention of other zombies, Like if you heard a gun shot in your back yard, they all come running. It seems they don't want you to sit too still any more. We all now use a fire axe for zombie killing, Doesn't attract other zombies and usually a one shot kill.

It wasn't like that before?

To a point it was but at most you would get 3 zombies, Now if you keep shooting they keep coming, Went through 15 zombies one time just shooting them, Then you gotta run and get the ones chasing with the axe or more will come, It makes sniping really bad in the game now, I'm guessing it promoting teamwork with players, A few sniping and one axing Zombies as they come. Another trick to get away is throw a flair or glow stick (yup they put glow sticks in the game now) The zombies seem to go after the light and gives you a chance to get away.

Back
Top Bottom