pc not shutting off completly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzzoug

Solid State Member
sup guys, this is my first thread here...
i just had a little question if you guys can find the problem..
i just got a pc in with windows xp on it.. as i do start -> turn off computer -> Turn off... it goes thru the basic procedure, saving settings, shutting down, etc, etc, then i get a black screen, but the pc is still working, with the green led on (i think its the power led)..
another thing, the monitor is most probably still getting a signal, since the led on the monitor is still green, and hasen't switched to orange..
my guess would be that its the motherboard thats dead (well, not completely, obviously, since its working perfectly, its just not sending the signal to shut off completly)... wat do you guys think?
thx in advance :D

it could also be an older bios where you still have to manually shut down, do you have a digital power button (you push it and it comes back out to turn it on) or analog (you push it in and it stays till you push it again and it turns off)?

its a digital button actually, and i doubt its the standby, but ill give it a look in a few, ill get back at you for that one, thx a bunch for your time guys

Another idea, is that you've got a problem with APM in the power tab. I remember having that problem on some other machines i'd worked on. Also check to see if your drivers are signed by microsoft, as it disabled my Power Management when the drivers weren't signed.

i can't seem to find that APM tab you are reffering to
my tabs are "Power Schemes", "Advanced", "Hibernate" and "UPS", don't have APM.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom