Spliceing a Laptop Charger.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
As to which I have a Laptop and a Charger but not the necessary Fitting in order to provide a Power supply to the Laptop being a HP 19.5V. Can anyone point me in the direction of what trouble I might run in to. Hence I know if I mess it up the PSU on the i5 Laptop, High End as well will be toast.

The only problem at first I can think of is strippting it down, using the 19.5V Charger to accuire Power for the Laptop with spliceing the internal Power Connector built in to the side of the Laptop and Splicing the Charger it self.

Anyone know what I might run in to in the way of trouble. Its a HP Pavalion, using a 19.5V Connector.

It's possible but you need to ensure that the charger supplies the correct 19.5 Volts, can supply the minimum amount of amperage and that you wire the polarity correctly. If you're unsure about any of this then you are better off simply buying a new charger.

The replacement charger's voltage needs to be exact and the amperage needs to be the same or GREATER than the original.

I would not mess with attempting to modify the laptop's internal connector, change the charger's connector to match the laptop's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback Gyes. I've shelved the Laptop for now until I have the Money. As I'm broke as can be for now. I'll have another look in to it as when I checked the Laptop chargers available their was a lot I didn't understand with a lot of Tech Information on Play.com, under HP Pavilion. Its an i5 Laptop with a 15.6" Screen so its very much up to date. I bought a Multi Charger for it but was unable top get it working as the Connection wasn't compatible. Hence the Splicing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom