Fairley newbie here, optimizing 2 GPU's? RAM Upgrade

Oddjob20

Beta member
Hi so I bought this gaming computer off craigslist last year and havent had much trouble. It could probably use a RAM upgrade because I only have 4 GB and some high-end games drop frames. So it has 2 Geforce GTX 480's. But Im not entirely sure they're both being used. While running MSI Afterburner the GPU usage is at 0%. Is there a reason for this? Do I have to do something? Is there a way to optimize that both are being used to their power? Also what do I look for when it comes to upgrading RAM. I have the CPU-Z ID program, will it tell me all the specifications in this program or is there another one that I need?

Well for starters we need the full specs of your PC. CPU-Z will tell you what processor you have, motherboard, and information about your RAM as well.

We also need to know what the brand, model, and wattage your PSU is.

As to SLI, the only thing you can do is make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and make sure SLI is enabled. You also need to have the SLI bridge physically on the cards as well connecting them. Take note, some games do not scale well, and some games don't even utilize multi-GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom