First Build

The HDMI port on the mother board is ONLY for onboard graphics, If your adding a GPU (which you are the 270X) then the ports on the MB are disabled and the ones on the GPU are active. On my phone with really weak signal so can't really check out the build right now but someone will shortly I'm sure.

Dauntae

The HDMI port on the mother board is ONLY for onboard graphics, If your adding a GPU (which you are the 270X) then the ports on the MB are disabled and the ones on the GPU are active. On my phone with really weak signal so can't really check out the build right now but someone will shortly I'm sure.

Dauntae

Oh okay, I did not know that. I have very minimal to no knowledge of all this technology, but I am extremely eager to learn.

Well first thing's first I'll address a slight miscommunication maybe, or a ninja build edit. The 970 board linked above does not have an IGP, so therefore it has no ports.

Now on to that, I recommend ditching the 6300 and that motherboard, as well as the Cooler Master AIO cooler to get a much better i5 4460 and an H81 board. Better performance while not needing the extra cooler minimizing budget and maximizing performance.

Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54460 - Newegg.ca
ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.ca

Then you can get this cheaper RAM.
Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TXD38192M1600HC9DC-D - Newegg.ca

The savings will provide the budget for the i5 which is significantly better than the FX6300. Later on if you wanted to you could upgrade to a Z97 board, but it's not necessary as the H81 provides all the essentials needed.

Change the PSU to this Seasonic. Better quality, and after the difference between shipping almost evens out in price. Oh, and it's modular.
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.ca

You forgot a case which you didn't have linked.

Well first thing's first I'll address a slight miscommunication maybe, or a ninja build edit. The 970 board linked above does not have an IGP, so therefore it has no ports.

Now on to that, I recommend ditching the 6300 and that motherboard, as well as the Cooler Master AIO cooler to get a much better i5 4460 and an H81 board. Better performance while not needing the extra cooler minimizing budget and maximizing performance.

Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54460 - Newegg.ca
ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.ca

Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TXD38192M1600HC9DC-D - Newegg.ca

The savings will provide the budget for the i5 which is significantly better than the FX6300. Later on if you wanted to you could upgrade to a Z97 board, but it's not necessary as the H81 provides all the essentials needed.

Change the PSU to this Seasonic. Better quality, and after the difference between shipping almost evens out in price. Oh, and it's modular.
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.ca

Oh sorry I forgot all about the case.
DIYPC Solar-M1-G Black/Green SECC ATX Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Computer Case w/ 2 x 120mm Green Fans - Newegg.ca

Also I read some of the reviews for that motherboard that you linked and they don't seem very good. One guy even said it would be good "if you were a grandmother using it to play solitare and email"

90% of Newegg reviewers are morons who don't know **** about what they are talking about. The same can be said about Amazon too. People will 1 egg even on a DOA product which is absolutely ridiculous. There are several here who have made builds with Asus H81 boards, they are fine.

Not one really to criticize case selections, but I've personally made a build with that case and can tell you it's terrible.

90% of Newegg reviewers are morons who don't know **** about what they are talking about. The same can be said about Amazon too. People will 1 egg even on a DOA product which is absolutely ridiculous. There are several here who have made builds with Asus H81 boards, they are fine.

Not one really to criticize case selections, but I've personally made a build with that case and can tell you it's terrible.

Oh really? What makes it a terrible case? What would you suggest I use, preferably under $60.

Also what is the difference between a modular power supply and the one that was in my build?

That motherboard wont hinder the rest of my build will it?

It's super flimsy, has almost no room behind the motherboard tray for cable management, terrible airflow, old style HDD cage, ect. With all parts in the build I assembled for this guy (he insisted on that case) I could flex the whole case easily. I'm not a buff dude either or am I big.

The NZXT Source 210 is a pretty decent case in your budget. Still has old style HDD cage, but doesn't hinder airflow as much.

Black or white with or without a window.
Newegg.ca - nzxt source

Modular means you only install the cables you need. More than likely you'll need the 3 that are hard wired and one more cable for SATA. Makes for a clean case.

If it would I wouldn't recommend it so much to many people wanting good budget gamer builds.

Thanks so much for your help. I will be sure to post the finished product in a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Back
Top Bottom