Internet Disconnection Issue

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
Randomly every like month or couple months or whenever the heck it feels like it, I lose internet connection. I get no light on the NIC. I have to screw around with the modem and router to get it back. One time I had it out for like 2-3 days even after messing with the modem and router... before it just suddenly came back when I disconnected everything in my bedroom and reconnected it all. The PC is in my bedroom. The modem and router are in the kitchen. There are other computers also in different parts of the house and none of them lose connection. I have tried a different ethernet cable in my room going from the wall to the computer, but this didn't solve anything. I have no idea what the heck is going on here.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Randomly every like month or couple months or whenever the heck it feels like it, I lose internet connection. I get no light on the NIC. I have to screw around with the modem and router to get it back. One time I had it out for like 2-3 days even after messing with the modem and router... before it just suddenly came back when I disconnected everything in my bedroom and reconnected it all. The PC is in my bedroom. The modem and router are in the kitchen. There are other computers also in different parts of the house and none of them lose connection.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sounds like your nic card maybe going out soon.
Is this nic integrated into the motherboard itself ?
If so check the model number and search online for a newer driver.
If the nic is not integrated and is going in and out frequently.
See if it maybe getting hot, any nic card, wireles card getting too hot during warm weather will eventually die over time.

Since you said the router and modem is in the kitchen move it inside your room.
If most devices in your house can reach the router without much issue and good connectivity.
I would do it this way and manage it better on the machine once the nic is fixed or replaced.

Back
Top Bottom