Upgrade Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
I want to upgrade my ram a bit but my mobo is limited to what i can do,one of the problem's is my mobo can't run in dual mode and the other problem is i can only use up to a gig of pc3200 total in two slot's or 1.5 gig of pc2700 in 3 slot's,so i guess my question is what would be the better of the two 1 gig of pc3200 or 1.5 gig of pc2700,i'm not a gamer or any thing but i'm just looking to get some more power so i can run a couple apps.

i'd say 1 gig because you cant run dual ...also 1 gig should be enough to run most any thing you want ..what are some of the specs on your machine..i did notice you said that its not for gaming ..running in multi is the question ?? it looks like you shouldnt have much of a problem running multi with 1 gig.

I just have a celeron 2.4 and for a mobo i have an asrock P4S61,i'm just looking for a bit better performance without overhauling my whole machine since i have a very limited budget,i just mostly rip dvd's and some photo editing and that crap,but i notice a bit of lag when doing some thing's.

Would generic ram do the trick for me if i got the gig of pc3200 or do you think i should spend the extra money and go for some better ram cause there's like a hundred dollar's between the two,i live in canada and there isn't to many cheap place's to find stuff like on newegg.com.

I only play GTA Vice city and game's like that, and maybe once in awhile i pop in far cry and play that but other than those i don't play many game's,with an ati9200se and a celeron you really can't play much of anything:(

Richard said:
Cheap ram is fine. For a gig of ddr400, a good price is around $270

I can get a gig of the pc3200 for $190+tax but to get the good ram it's like $300 or more here in ontario,that's over a hundred difference that's why i was seeing if i could get away with the cheaper ram:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom