Old school overclocks.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Any of the old timers (as in been into PCs since the 90s or before, not necessarily age) still have your old PC parts? I want to get a collaboration of TF nostalgia rigs. I have my AXP setup and the 6600GT Trot gave me that replaced my dead 6800GT. I have older and I'm going to try and find my K6, pencil traced Duron, and Thunderbird. For anybody wondering, I tossed my P3s besides my 1.4 Tualatin. I also tossed all Athlon and Pentium slot based combos.

There is really no point to this, just for fun. I like it when nostalgia tickles because I love old stuff.

If you have any records of your older overclocks post them up.

Last edited:
If I can get my 486 together I'd be glad to benchmark it. I am hoping to put together a good system around Am5x86 p90, but this chip may be hard to find outside this forum. I fancy the idea of using a 486 as a terminal. I'd like to see your K6 benchmark results! My favorite K6 was K6-2+. I had a Duron 800mhz that ran with the voltage maxed out and heatsink off. It was amazing when it booted into Windows.

If I can get my 486 together I'd be glad to benchmark it. I am hoping to put together a good system around Am5x86 p90, but this chip may be hard to find outside this forum. I fancy the idea of using a 486 as a terminal. I'd like to see your K6 benchmark results! My favorite K6 was K6-2+. I had a Duron 800mhz that ran with the voltage maxed out and heatsink off. It was amazing when it booted into Windows.
I've actually been looking for my 98 rig and older setups. Starting to think they may have been left behind when I moved last year :(

Back
Top Bottom