New System for Mah Aunt

dwarfdude77

In Runtime
Hey guys, it's me again. I am going to do another build, this time for mah aunt! Her other desktop is SO SLOW so she wants a new one for less than $400 USD. I will charge a 10% labor fee.

Choosing parts now.. stay tuned!

Low end builds are tough to compete with for price, Sure you'll get quality with the build but quality costs. Where pre built a really start to get real bad is when they put out there version of high end but still use the cheapest bidder on many parts like the MB and Power supplies. On a low end build it will be tough to compete for price.

Dauntae

If your aunt just surfs the net, does some shopping and gets email, then the Dell will be o.k. for her needs.....except for Windows 8, She'll have a learning curve that she might not like, but helps to run it in Windows Shell or something similar

If your aunt just surfs the net, does some shopping and gets email, then the Dell will be o.k. for her needs.....except for Windows 8, She'll have a learning curve that she might not like, but helps to run it in Windows Shell or something similar

Should I put Windows 7 or Windows 8 on it?

Sure it's fine.

Whichever one she wants. If she doesn't like Metro tell her you can replace it with the start menu.

If you want a tiny piece of advice from somebody who's been basically making a small living off PCs the past 2 years. Don't screw your customers. You're letting greed get in the way of providing the better option for your family member.
If it was me, this is what I would do. Explain to her why the cheaper Dell is better (because basically they get OEM Windows for free), it has a 1 year labor and parts warranty, and that you'll charge her 20 bucks to get rid of bloatware and install a start menu if she wants one. While providing her the built option say that if she would want to speed up her computer in the future (unlikely) she could go that route. Also, tell her not to take it to Best Buy if she has issues, bring it to you. Diagnose for free, make your pricing much cheaper than a Geek Squad quote to get the business and continue getting business.

Back
Top Bottom