My games refresh rate seems buggy and it drops by a few frames

What's your monitor's refresh rate set at?

Right click your desktop -> Screen resolution -> Advanced Settings -> Monitor tab -> refresh rate

Make sure your cables are plugged securely in. Are you using any video adapters?

lel
You make me sound like a girl.
1920X1080
Since I've got the monitor, it's like since the start of 2014.

lel

If you don't act like one I won't treat you that way, besides I only shortened your user name to prevent typing it out. :/

1920X1080

As for the screen resolution, how big is the monitor or screen itself also what brand name/modelnumber is it ?

Check the display settings in windows 7:
Change your screen resolution
Note what windows 7 recommends for the refresh rate.
If it can handle 75z refresh rate, notch it up to 70hz.
Go back to the screen resolution window and find a screen size abit smaller than what ypu have.

If you do that and have a screen resolution you can settle with while not hurting your eyes or gpu/computer..
I believe your issue could be fixed by the end of the day.
Also look at this link and follow pp's suggestion at the bottom of screen for further help.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/do-1920x1080-over-60-hz-refresh-rate-monitors-exist-239957/

lel
1920X1080

Anyway you can try another DVI cable, or possibly even another monitor? Just so we can rule some things about before blaming the GPU (or Windows) itself.

Does it only do it during in-game or does it do it just sitting idle as well?

-RockMan-
I tried it, but it didn't work, it's the same thing no matter what resolution and framerate.
carnageX
Sorry man, this is the only DVI cable I have and the only monitor I have.
I've called my PC shop and they have said that they will fix my PC tomorrow.

-RockMan-
I tried it, but it didn't work, it's the same thing no matter what resolution and framerate.
carnageX
Sorry man, this is the only DVI cable I have and the only monitor I have.
I've called my PC shop and they have said that they will fix my PC tomorrow.

Pick that phone right back up and call them, ask them would a dvi cable cause flickering ?
Ask them brand cables they have check radioshack or best buy for the dvi cable.
Tell them what monitor you got, if they think its that go in and take your computer monitor and let them test it.

If I'm right I say its the cable, my mothers tv had a issue like this right after her purchase of a 50 inch.
Turned out that dynex made craptastic cables for 39.99 we got a sony brand dvi cable.
Problems stopped never had it flicker once. :)

Thanks bro for the help but they have closed shop and I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow. I guess it's either the monitor or the cable.

Back
Top Bottom