My games refresh rate seems buggy and it drops by a few frames

AnathemaIII

Solid State Member
Whenever I'm RO2, Medieval 2 or Mount and Blade my screen looks the same as when someone is blinking fast. It does not happen always but when it does it's really annoying. I've tried messing with the settings but the problem is still there.

Whenever I'm RO2, Medieval 2 or Mount and Blade my screen looks the same as when someone is blinking fast. It does not happen always but when it does it's really annoying. I've tried messing with the settings but the problem is still there.

For starters lets get your system specs, also what gpu do you have ?
At the options menu screen, if you use steam screen shot it and upload it here so we can see what you got.
If not hit the print screen button on the keyboard paste to ms paint as png and bring it back here.

gigabyte z77x-ud3h mobo
i5 3570k cpu
gigabye amd 7850 oc gpu
8 gb ram
700 wat psu
1024 gb hdd

Also, it's fast as the blink of an eye, I would have to record it if I wanted to capture it. It's like my computer is an eye and it blinks sometimes when I'm in game.

Done it, update everything and it still won't work.

Lets find out somethings ?

1.Download this utility and install it, next excute the program, look at the program diagnostic.
GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility
What is your gpu speed set to currently ?

2.Since this is the middle of summer time and july what is your room tempature ?

3.With your side case open and your machine, take the tip of your finger tip and touch the outer edge of the card.
Touch the heatsink fan on the edge also, does it feel abit too hot or just luke warm ?

Personally I believe your having a heat issue and speed issue.
Other people who have this card now or recently have had similiar problems.

Room temp is around 27
The card is a little warm, not too hot

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.png
    2.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 2
I want to you to underclock the card cpu core clock to 900mhz.
Reason being for a oc ati card to be clipping like that in games that you mentioned its probably related to that and get abit too hot.

As for the games itself check the settings and keep them on medium high or medium.
If you don't need alot of graphic detail in game, like bright sparly scenary or glittery space scenes crap, flesh wounds, gunshot marks or whatever.
It would be best that the game doesn't need alot of resources from your gpu causing it to short out unexpectedly or epically die one day.
Afterburner 3.0.0 Download

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36EAnHp4oA

Test it at 900mhz first and see how it does, if seems good keep that way.
If you want more speed, I recommend you slowly bump up the speed and test a game or 2.
When you find that Uh-oh my card is doing the clippy problem again, clock it back to the speed where it was perfectly stable and be done with it.

For the card I hear its a beast and a good one at that, but that beast maybe headed to er room at gigabyte hq eventually.

I recommend you look into nvidia gtx 700 series card in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom