My mother's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have comcast cable internet in our city. It's 3000 Killabits Per Sec(or however you spell that.) But it's cost alot. $50 a month. Yeah we do have DSL around here too, but it's $40 at half the speed of cable. I brought the idea up to her, the idea of getting cable internet again.... it's all up to if she has that kind of money every month, 12 months a year.

Right now she has dial up that costs up to $20.00. I tryed to talk her into getting juno if she is giong to go with dial up. Save some money. Really my juno is better then what she is giong with now. But I wish i had the money for cable.

Anywho, as far as external modems.... It's dial up, can you really get much more speed out of it? Maybe you can, I don't know.

Later everyone.

$50 a month? yah that does seem like alot jsut for cable. our dsl is sposed to be $30 a month if we payed for it. 768kb connection...i guess thats ok.

You know what I'm looking into now, and I have no idea if anyone here knows anything about it. I have heard about foam that you can line your computer case with to make it quite. My mom would like that alot so I'm trying to look into it.

Anyone know anything about that? Know the name of products and brands? I'm looking into it now.

Later everyone.

oldschool said:
You know what I'm looking into now, and I have no idea if anyone here knows anything about it. I have heard about foam that you can line your computer case with to make it quite. My mom would like that alot so I'm trying to look into it.

Anyone know anything about that? Know the name of products and brands? I'm looking into it now.

Later everyone.

yes, its sound dampening material. it works pretty good, but there's a catch. it traps in heat like a mother...yah. as long as you got nice temps and airflow you're good...but dont plan on stock or anything unlesss you want 50C+ temps. dunno any populat brands...i thik they're pretty much selling the same material.

My mom's computer is more or less done. But one thing did back fire. The new cheap modem I bought is now dialing her in at 32k unstead of her old speed of... around 48-52k.
Are there any awesome modems that kick but. Her phone lines are kinda old, and I heard that some modems are better and working thru old lines then others.

In a word...
SCREAMS!

I've been really pressed for time so I have been putting this thing together like... 1 or 2 hours a day for a few days, So I have not had a whole lot of time to play with it.

But I was able to use the Audio Video to DV converter today and it was makeing 100% perfect rips of a VHS tape like it was nothing. Zero Lag ever.

I'll post some pics on here when I can.

Later everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom