Heatsink question

Cpu is intel

So I got it in the mail today.. Was unpleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a pop on kind like the OEM is.. So had to take the whole MB out.. Everything was going fine until the last part.. The retention plate that holds down the heatsink it's not lining up right with the screw holes on the MB... It says there's a certain way to set the retention plate with my LGA 775 which it seems like it's the same as the instructions say.. (which seems these instructions are for ppl that have done this 3-4 or more times cause in my opinion there vague as sh*t)

And I'm confused cause I did a dry run w.o the paste and the whole heatsink moves. Around quite a bit while. I'm trying to line up the screws.. Isn't the paste going to move around n not be sealed properly? But I don't see any other way that this HUGE heatsink can be fastened down w.o it moving alittle in the process... Unless I have to do this last step while the MB is out of the case... Thought of that after I screwed the MB back in -_- was so amped to bang this in quick n see my temps.. Didn't go as planned

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1405741041456.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405741041456.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405741041456.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405741052126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405741052126.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4
  • uploadfromtaptalk1405741061299.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405741061299.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 3
Lol sorry guys for the messed up posts... I'm not as much as a noob as it looks I swear ^^ freakin won't let me edit my posts in tapatalk or I jus can't find it... W.e

That was easy went right in.. Idk lastnight was confusing me.. Thx for the vid...

Turned her on and my HD isn't booting up it seems.. Just a blank screen.. Hard drive is all plugged in where It was bfore.. On the MB those LED lights... 1,2 are green 3,4 yellow and 5,6 are red.. That some type of error code? Don't remember them ever being on bfore

And my cpu fan isn't turning on.. Hard not to hook that up right it's right next to the processor.. CPU FAN.. Plugged it right in.... Nothin..

Power wasn't going to MB -_- forgot to plug in the most important part

Seems like the fan did the trick.. Running around 38-40c max while coding... 28-30 on idle.. Thanks for those who helped =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom