Heatsink question

No my computer was over heating when I was recoding/burning... Re applied thermal paste got all the dust clear and still no luck... Few people suggested getting a new heatsink cause the OEM is poorly designed... I mean what else could be causing high temps if this new heatsink doesn't do the trick?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Depends on a few things, such as temperature of the room. How sure are you that it's the CPU overheating, and some other problem?

No my computer was over heating when I was recoding/burning... Re applied thermal paste got all the dust clear and still no luck... Few people suggested getting a new heatsink cause the OEM is poorly designed... I mean what else could be causing high temps if this new heatsink doesn't do the trick?

What temps are you getting?

Download HWMonitor and do some encoding/burning and see what the max temp gets to.

Yeah I downloaded hw monitor.. I was reaching like max 98 n avg 88-90 while coding.. The room is tiny and has a cold AC running

So I stopped right away after It shut It self down and realized it was over heating

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Celsius... Quad core 2.83ghz 8gigs ram win7 64

50c on idle 54max

Last edited by a moderator:
Cpu is intel

So I got it in the mail today.. Was unpleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a pop on kind like the OEM is.. So had to take the whole MB out.. Everything was going fine until the last part.. The bracket that holds down the heatsink it's not lining up right with the screw holes on the MB... It says there's a certain way to set the retention plate with my LGA 775

And I'm confused cause I did a dry run w.o the paste and the whole heatsink moves. Around quite a bit while. I'm trying to line up the screws.. Isn't the paste going to move around n not be sealed properly? But I don't see any other way that this HUGE heatsink can be fastened down w.o it moving alittle in the process... Unless I have to do this last step while the MB is out of the case... Thought of that after I screwed the MB back in -_- was so amped to bang this in quick n see my temps.. Didn't go as planned

Back
Top Bottom