MHZ jumping around wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
Ok I have a 2.8 celeron d, prescott core, and i have the intel desktop control center on and it keeps saying like 14% usage then it'll jump up to like 80% rthen like 50%, im only downloading updates and using internet explorer, is it maybe because I only have 256 mb of ram?
oh and my pc is saying my cpu temp is like 48 degress, and I have jet cooler 4 and AS5 on it, put it on 2 days ago

it also says the zone temp is like 32 and the other zone is 41...wtf!

MHZ jumpin around

yreah I just built a new comp (specs below) and on the intel dekstop control center(tells you temp and how much stuff you using) my MHZ usage is jumping around from like 5% to like 80%? why?

is it becxause I only have 256 mb of memory?

or because my comp is messed up,

my idle temp is usually around 49?

it's a prescoot core so it gets pretty hot

does it to that on startup? or all the time, and is it so bad that it prevents you from really getting anything done? Im asking cause the same type of thing happens to me often.

jumping from 15% to 100% and back down when running programs is VERY common, i'd be more concerned if it didn't. If you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING running...and it is jumping THEN that might be a virus or spyware. Of course background programs are not seen on the screen (Disk Cleaning, auto updating) and this might be why as well.

Not sure about your temps. If you are on stock voltage and running idle then ~40C should be OK. The fan on the Jet4 is pretty weak...so running mid-intense processes should send you past 50C. i think that temp is about normal really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom