Seagate HDD problems

From what I can tell it only does it during heavy load, I first noticed the noise when running virtual machines from the drive but it never locked up like this until yesterday.

Power supply is a Corsair 520w, but I have a Seasonic 760w sitting here. I was going to put it in tomorrow when my video card gets here.

From what I can tell it only does it during heavy load, I first noticed the noise when running virtual machines from the drive but it never locked up like this until yesterday.

Power supply is a Corsair 520w, but I have a Seasonic 760w sitting here. I was going to put it in tomorrow when my video card gets here.

Install the psu now and test the hard drive again.
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Install this and record another video if its not too much of a hassle.
The reason why I ask, I want to see your drive transfer back and forth while looking hwmonitor to see how much of the psu is being used up.

You should "SEE" much better results if not and its still keep on keeping on call seagate and explain the issue to them.

Software isn't always a very accurate/reliable method of reading voltages from the PSU. You'd want a multimeter to see what the voltage is at.

As said above, after swapping out the PSU and it's still making the noise, I'd contact SeaGate and see if you can get an RMA on it even though all the health status items say good.

Well it was one of those things that was causing the issue lol; glad to hear you got it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom