Heatsink question

pat_ai2009

In Runtime
Need to buy a new heatsink.. Newegg is a good site to buy parts off right right? I'm just going to need my mother board info to get the right heatsink.. Do I find a model number on my gigabyte MB or how do I go about this

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Need to buy a new heatsink.. Newegg is a good site to buy parts off right right?
Yes.

I'm just going to need my mother board info to get the right heatsink.. Do I find a model number on my gigabyte MB
Yup, find the model number, google it, and you'll find the socket.

Easiest way to find out your motherboard model is Speccy (it's free).

CoolerMaster makes a good cheap heatsink that'll fit any board, but you'll have to have a case that's at least 7.5" wide to install it because it is tall
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com

Do Not get the Thermal Paste in your mouse!
IMG_0289.jpg

Last edited:
That one looks good Joe.. Cheap n seems like it'll solve my issue... 7.5 holy.. I think mine in there is like maybe 4 or 4.5.. I'll check the width of my case but I think I'll be good.. It's a aftermarket gamer case

So my case is 8 inches wide.. And my motherboard is a gigabyte Ep45-ud3p.. So my question is if this heatsink will work in my PC

Thx for the info.. I'll have it by Friday so I'll let you guys kno the outcome.. Hope this solves my problem

Back
Top Bottom