Some of My USB ports are locked and some other working!!!

MisaghSepehr

Beta member
Hello everyone;
My laptop model is Fujitsu Lifebook E752 with two USB.2 ports and two USB.3 ports. I have windows XP and 7 on two different drives. A long time ago I locked and then unlocked my usb ports on windows XP by using locking/unlocking software. now I have problem with three ports of 4 available ports. Only 1 port is working on windows xp( and my external wireless mouse is connected to) and other ports have only supply voltage, and no data transfer permission. BUT ALL ports work on windows 7. How is it possible to unlock all my USB ports ( both version 2 and 3) on windows xp?
I think it is necessary to mention that I have tried too many softwares for unlocking usb ports without any result and yet only one of my USB ports are available on windows XP.
thanks in advance

Dear user "carnageX";
Finally I solved the problem using fujitsu.com website:
The solution is:
The Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver is not supported in Microsoft® Windows XP or Microsoft® Windows Vista.
The USB 3.0 controller must be disabled in the BIOS when using MS Windows® XP or MS Windows® Vista. All USB ports will now be available as USB 2.0.

Enter Bios Setup - Advanced - Internal Device Configurations - USB3.0 Controller [Disabled]

Thank you very much for taking time to read and reply. I really appreciate you.

Back
Top Bottom