Microatx build

I can't comment on the case since I don't know enough about it, but I'm sure it'll do fine. I'm also out of the loop on power supplies nowadays but if it's 80 Plus GOLD rated it's pretty decent, typically.

Good SSD choice.

And yes, it will :)

Yeah but a few of those items need to go.
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC 3 Year Warranty Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready - Newegg.com

HyperX Fury Red Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10FR/4 - Newegg.com

About you watching movies in 50 tabs, if your planning on using your other wd hdds.
Use wdd blue for the os or media backup and archiving.
If you notice your new system running out of virtual memory adjust the paging in windows 7 abit so it can flow more easily.

I rather you get a haswell chip with more cache.
It will help out better when data is flying back and forth constantly all day or all week.

So you recommend that ? ASRock H97M LGA 1150 Intel H97

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
I still recommend he stick with gibabyte they're good on oc with good ram.
The ram I'll agree with you on but add another 42.99 its about 85.00 total for 8gb.
The cpu you recommended I don't recommend that.
4.00 extra bucks for a ounce of speed and lack cpu L2 cache ?? "hell no"

The cpu I picked out will oc easily, if jason knows how to oc well it wouldn't be hard for him to hit 3.6ghz without much effort.

Best of luk jason on your computer build.

No, I was talking about the Asus H81 the OP linked, and actually on that note I reccomend the Asus H81-E model instead.

Yes that CPU because it's the only lower end Intel CPU that OC under the i5 4670k. In case it's actually necessary. Any Haswell Pentium or Celeron would actually be fine for the basic tasks at hand, but a little future proof doesn't hurt.

The RAM I linked is 8GB for 74 bucks. 8GB because this person wants to run 50 tabs and having an SSD means no pagefile.

For storage I'm only seeing a single 120gb SSD drive.....you probably should have a large platter drive in there too if it can fit more than one drive

Back
Top Bottom